• V5 - 1999 aprox
    • V6 - 1999/2000 aprox
    • V7 - 2000/2002 aprox - A.K.A The Bug Eye
    • V8 - 2003/2004 aprox
    • V9 - 2005 aprox
    • V10 - A.K.A The Tri-Grill
    • V11 - A.K.A The Hatch
    • V12 - Current

voted ver6, love the big spoiler and lip combo just makes them looks aggressive and reminds me of the wrc days when i was a teenanger dreaming, now i have a 5 and had a 6, so easy to drive around town and plenty of power for when u want some fun

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call, have owned a few versions of WRX, love the coupes, a V6 Sti R Ltd coupe would be my pick for the pre V7 era, last of the GC8, love the 2 door shape with big wing, nice lip, crystal headlights, and so capable out of the box.

But my top vote goes for the V9 Sti, has the awesome looks of the V8 Sti with the better suspension, yaw sensing DCCD, and the nicer interior. Along with the usual Brembos, 6speed box, rigid GD chassis, well sorted engine with twinscroll turbo setup, and the reflashable ECU, IMO they\'re a great package. Also a lot less of them around compared to V8/7.

V6 newest of the classic shape, you can clearly see the link between it and the 22b and for me the best shape Subaru is the v6 wrx sti type ra limited , I am biased as well as I own one ;D

Any GC8 is good... why? because they are good looking and lightweight... the v5 and v6 I\'m going to say are the

best because they are the most modern. v6 is just as good as v5, except the front lip is fodder and looks a bit fussy...

plus the clutch start thing is a real pain.

v10 is pretty hot too, but too heavy.

Flat4 said:

Definitely V3 for me, more aggressive looking than V1/V2 but they still have the raw rally car appeal and don\'t have a stupid shopping trolley wing.

It may look OTT for a road car but the v6 rear wing actually works and provides more downforce over the smaller earlier wings.

c1bc32dc.jpg

V7 STI,

Biast as had one

Can Flash the Factory ecu to tune it, remove AFM, antilag, launch control, flat shifting, dual fuel maps

It has intercooler watersprayers and you can repurpose the tank for water meth.

Factory 6 Speed

Factory Bremboes

Awesome factory suspension

love it or hate it shape.

hand-7-seven.jpg

V12 for me.

When the V11 hatch came out, I was disgusted. Then the sedan came out, it\'s getting closer. But when the STI came out with the pumped up gaurds which were carried over to WRX in V12, I was sold.

Classy yet aggro exterior, interior that I thought was well up with the Mercs etc, beautiful wheel design, Brembo brakes, 6 speed box, all the things I loved from my V7 but with so much more.

Me and Wifey loved them so much that she had a V12 WRX sedan as her wedding car. And that thing scared the fuck out of me in a standard form!

I have already explained to the head of sales at Armstrong that he needs to make sure he has his phone on on Sunday mornings coz I will be ringing him for one straight after having the Lotto ticket confirmed.

Voted V10, new enough to be a nice car, but still very japanese, doesn\'t scream european to me like everything else does these days.

Plus they look so aggressive slammed with a front lip ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I initially was a V10 fan, styling wise I thought it to be a good balance between the previous 2 versions, and the newer 2009\2010 version at the time

Was never a fan of the round \ bug eye lights either, took away from the agressive masculin look of the car.

I voted V12 as I think it captures everything the WRX Sti represents with the added benefit of the latest improvements from Subaru....now if only it came pre tuned with a higher power output :) :)