Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Koom said:

I recently put on 235/45/18 GT Radial's for $230ea. Didn't think that was too bad for what I guess are a mid range tyre. Undecided on them though as I don't think they are perfectly round. Handled the snow quite well and seem to stick pretty well in the dry (and wet) but haven't been near the limits of them in the dry so don't know how well they let go.

i used to run gt radials then they stopped doing the ones i wanted and went up in price so went to nankangs. this is in libero too with skippy arse end. gt have been the best ive had cept the missus gsr came on eagles and they handle good too.

Koom said:

I recently put on 235/45/18 GT Radial's for $230ea. Didn't think that was too bad for what I guess are a mid range tyre. Undecided on them though as I don't think they are perfectly round. Handled the snow quite well and seem to stick pretty well in the dry (and wet) but haven't been near the limits of them in the dry so don't know how well they let go.

Im running the gt radials champiros and I thought one was outta round but it came right after a while which was weird but now they aint to bad good in the wet awesome in the dry but very noisy on chip sealed roads. Im using 225/45/17 and got em cheap as a mate delivers em payed 80 a tyre

I'm wondering if they'll come right after a while. Also thinking a quick session on the concrete washdown pad at RDL will sort them out quicker (they're on a RWD so I can re-roundify a pair at a time ;D)

Either that or take the car for a decent road trip.

@ Enervated. That front air dam looks f*cking nice too. If I wasnt a fan of the wrc/22b front end id be lookin for one like that! Very nice looking car overall dude, welldone! ive seen some real minger front ends on that model leggy!

wrxguy said:

@ Enervated. That front air dam looks f*cking nice too. If I wasnt a fan of the wrc/22b front end id be lookin for one like that! Very nice looking car overall dude, welldone! ive seen some real minger front ends on that model leggy!

Cheers mate, I don't see many with this front. It's good to be different.

• General Member
 Enervated']

I just blow air into ballons and cable tie them to my rims...

Do you get very far?

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

I just blow air into ballons and cable tie them to my rims...

/quote]

How do you find the ride quality? Any effects on mileage?

I gave up gents, I didnt like the sidewall flex or how they dont grip so well in the wet. :D

Koom said:

I'm wondering if they'll come right after a while. Also thinking a quick session on the concrete washdown pad at RDL will sort them out quicker (they're on a RWD so I can re-roundify a pair at a time ;D)

Either that or take the car for a decent road trip.

You can always take em back to Koom as it was a common problem with some batches

Enervated']

[quote name='Greaver said:

I'm really keen on some rotas for my BH Wagon, scared they only look good on sedans though

What suspension are you running? And did you have to roll the guards?

/quote]

BC Gold adjusties & the rear guards are rolled, front have just been adjusted slightly.

Any with experience know if I would get away with these on BH5 wagon with low springs?

Currently stock height but with rims like these I imagine I would want a little more stance

Getting the guards rolled isn't an issue

Greaver']

[quote name='Greaver said:

I'm really keen on some rotas for my BH Wagon, scared they only look good on sedans though

What suspension are you running? And did you have to roll the guards?

/quote]

BC Gold adjusties & the rear guards are rolled, front have just been adjusted slightly.

Any with experience know if I would get away with these on BH5 wagon with low springs?

Currently stock height but with rims like these I imagine I would want a little more stance

Getting the guards rolled isn't an issue

I see no reason why not?

Timmah']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

recorded this audio just earlier while waiting for the front screen to defog

url]

[/url]

That does not sound right or healthy to me :S

lol nah it's totally healthy, idles at 1000rpm but ya kinda sound like a rotary when cold

wasn't the best recording (iphone 3Gs) and it was a bit windy

• Admin
 Timmah']

url=

]
[/url]

its very hard to get a clean recording of an exhaust in the "wild" similar to recording someone whistling, so much air to ruin the recording. If you have an idea of how i microphone works what I have just said makes sence, if not, you prolly dont ahve any idea what im on about.

then youtube ruins sound quality so youre fighting a loosing battle there too. I also Abdule's car sounded broken lol...

B4 2000']

url]

[/url]

lol nah it's totally healthy, idles at 1000rpm but ya kinda sound like a rotary when cold

wasn't the best recording (iphone 3Gs) and it was a bit windy

was going to say! sounds like a unwell bridge.