Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

rex-leggy said:

what have ya changed ?

Not much, only real difference would be going from 2.5" mid-back with stupid bends to 3" inch straight and now car got adjustable cam gears dialed in properly!

oh and a freshly rebuilt engine too that only done 550ks so far

B4 2000']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

what have ya changed ?

/quote]

Not much, only real difference would be going from 2.5" mid-back with stupid bends to 3" inch straight and now car got adjustable cam gears dialed in properly!

oh and a freshly rebuilt engine too that only done 550ks so far

nice thought you should be getting close to being run-in, be good to see results from cam gears

Meh running-in is over-rated ;)

was too busy the last few weeks so didn't have time to put much ks on it, i did bout 150ks on the day i got it back from the rebuilt tho.

i wanted to take it straight from the garage to the dyno but engine builder didn't like the idea.

hate-evoz']

[quote name='Divine said:

Brought a ST202 for a runaround

/quote]

whats a st202?

$2500 for a manual with receipts for engine service wasn't too bad, drive to west coast to get it . Always thought my 5th car would be a 5th Subaru lol

B4 2000 said:

Meh running-in is over-rated ;)

was too busy the last few weeks so didn't have time to put much ks on it, i did bout 150ks on the day i got it back from the rebuilt tho.

i wanted to take it straight from the garage to the dyno but engine builder didn't like the idea.

yeah I rolled mine straight from engine builder onto a tow truck and delivered to the dyno room.

Running in was fo when engines were crap, with all the new parts available the engine is basically run in once it's primed...

Feel free to disagree but I haven't had any engine failures due to not running in... just from fuel failure :o

the only main key to running an engine in is - dont let it idle on first start up - it can glaze the bore- try keep load on the engine - alot of tuners who run new engines in get a rough tune loaded in before start up- start it and run it on the rollers straight away to keep load on it - and change oil rather quickly - thats about it

anyways

turned into a mad man at work with my welder

285744_427300143980939_1311408093_n.jpg

mwuhahahaha

BF5

sanded and sprayed sideskirts and engine bits gloss black to clean it up abit

BC5

installed superlows in the front but didnt have enough time to finish the rears, sits nice and looow now

unfortunately wagon will be up for sale soon, will def be hard to see her go

nuff said

Not my car but started pulling the engine out of my mates 97 v3 STI GF8 (the guy that won the cheap brand new v7 short block on TM)

i am pulling the engine, stripping it and a mechanic that used to work on Chris West's rally car here in Timaru is doing the assembling of the new long block etc. Actually Nick (my mate) is Chris West's cousin

I will recon the str mtr and alternator, do the split fuel rail mod n get mani powder coated and refit the engine once the mechanic is done with it.

other stuff: Full cam belt kit, clutch (maybe) radiator flush n new tank, silcone hose kit, walbro, K&N flat panel, maybe siamese down pipe.

Initially had a over heating problem that the last owner negleted to tell Nick ... douche!

Will be a sweet ride when done, car has 160kms on it.. pretty stock otherwise.

ENgine will be out tonight, one bolt left to do :)

madmike said:

Oh noes..... Gazzy is doing a "mates car" job aswell....

:-(

haha, nah this is easy as pie.. i just did qiksti's type R too, i.e. motor out all the same work bar the new shortie, his one is running wickedly now! the typr R has 170kms on it