Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Spent the weekend building an exhaust that is 90% mufflers or resonators and only 10% tubing. Think it might finally be quiet enough to finish the cert and wof process.

Also replaced my modified Toyota rear lateral links with proper Whiteline ones for toe adjustment.

Now just hoping for a good outcome!

what the fcuk is that?

Andy_Mac said:
Trial setup number one. Get the feeling the exhaust heat might melt it off and if not the capillary tube diameter may be a bit to small to pick it up well but time will tell. Other option will be to just drill the hole bigger and use 1/4inch copper the whole way up to the vac line

3357786C-9389-4311-AA84-4AEFD079800C_zps

Drove the Mrs's outlander to Auckland and back, auckland traffic you can eat a large bowl of phallus - seriously how do people put up with living there holy crap

8l/100km from a 2 ton 2.4l, not bad

Washed the suby, always a lol at the super technicolour carwash, and just now went to install my new drainpipe sized downpipes and realised I need to get an extra 02 sensor bung welded on first damnit (Could plan B just be giving the same signal from the first one to both?)

Oh I also bought a Rev D B4 sedan bumper, one of them ones with the grey middle and those little canard things. Should look good on the wagon Irection

DSC_0906_zpsp0ook4m1.jpg

Edited by Marky

ADIKT said:
Did you use dry ice? Makes it a lot easier. Trust me.

Wire brush on a fast speed drill works well to remove the left over residue too

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I've used these tools on another car and deadening came off easily so thought I'd give it a try, but took hours so will definitely get some dry ice this week.

Picked up a V4 STI alloy bonnet to replace the V1/2 steel one. Also got a set of alloy STI wishbone arms with aftermarket front swaybar links. Trial fitted the V6 STI Wing. Fitted a temporary V1/2 rear bumper to replace the terrible body kit it came with.

22242215413_665a48b4b0_b.jpg

22874511881_e7f3483b13_b.jpg

22863382345_5fe20bf099_b.jpg

22445006518_407c8869cd_b.jpg

22874494991_3d83af9ab6_b.jpg

Spent most of the afternoon swearing at it. For the first part because i hate wiring, last part damn thing wouldnt let me load the g4 map so it could convert it automatically. So manually build map and try to load it on...nobody home. Loads map, says it stores but then reverts back to old map...fckn mind****. All the while fans blasting and cant turn it off even when its technically not running fans.

Pulled the front door to bits to find out why the speaker keeps dropping out, found someone had half stripped a section of the tweeter wire somehow.

That would do it I guess!

And also found it still had the original speakers in it, which were all poked.

So off to Supercheap I went, $120 later and it now has some cheap ass Fusion things in it, which sound pretty good for the moolah.

I can now hear all of the guitars in Megadeth anyway, which is the main thing!:cool:

Got a cert plate fitted, then finished WOF and paid for some rego. Gave it some fresh fuel and spent the afternoon driving round in it for the first time since ~2009 sometime.

Also introduced the missus to "acceleration" and "boost".....

• Admin

After acquiring the required bits all the way from Sweden, I completely stripped then re-shimmed and reconditioned my front struts.

Ashamed to say I made them a whole lot softer and also raised the car by about 1cm.

But it is much better for it.

Rears to be done this week, then a fresh wheel alignment and corner weight from Macbilt and she'll be ready for summer thrashing.

Once I replace the passenger side rocker cover gasket :<

boon said:
After acquiring the required bits all the way from Sweden, I completely stripped then re-shimmed and reconditioned my front struts.

Ashamed to say I made them a whole lot softer and also raised the car by about 1cm.

But it is much better for it.

Rears to be done this week, then a fresh wheel alignment and corner weight from Macbilt and she'll be ready for summer thrashing.

Once I replace the passenger side rocker cover gasket :<

Bilstein bits?

Cos I am looking for a sauce of seals etc for them...

Koom said:
Got a cert plate fitted, then finished WOF and paid for some rego. Gave it some fresh fuel and spent the afternoon driving round in it for the first time since ~2009 sometime.

Also introduced the missus to "acceleration" and "boost".....

Wait whaaaaat your car moves now?

This is excite

• Admin
 Percy said:
Bilstein bits?

Cos I am looking for a sauce of seals etc for them...

Not Bilsteins, but I got the seals locally. Only the bushings had to come from sveeeeeeden.

Which seal has failed? As they're inverted struts I can't see them being that different to mine.

The wiper seals on the lower strut housing will probably be common as mud but they don't really "fail", they just wear out and let crap get into the lower.

If the strut is dumping oil then it's the piston shaft o-ring in the insert's cylinder head that is probably on the way out.

I'll take photos when I do the rears and make a how-to although mine will be a bit a different.

I got my seals from Seal Imports

boon said:
Not Bilsteins, but I got the seals locally. Only the bushings had to come from sveeeeeeden.

Which seal has failed? As they're inverted struts I can't see them being that different to mine.

The wiper seals on the lower strut housing will probably be common as mud but they don't really "fail", they just wear out and let crap get into the lower.

If the strut is dumping oil then it's the piston shaft o-ring in the insert's cylinder head that is probably on the way out.

I'll take photos when I do the rears and make a how-to although mine will be a bit a different.

I got my seals from Seal Imports

Not sure if the seals have failed or not, just interested to find a source for them, so I can rebuild them myself when the time comes.

They probably need it, as they've done 240k... which probably means the bushings are shot.

And I was planning on messing with the damping in the track hacks shocks, when its going.

Also I like playing with things, like changing the damping and stuffs, can't be that different from my mountain bikes or dirt bikes dampers!:P

There's only so many ways to control oil flowing through ports.