Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Pelvin']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

What have i done to my mx bike today.

Oil & filter change, gearbox oil change, air filter clean and oil.

Put it back together after cleaning carby n s*** out.

Blat up the road in the rain at night = loud...twin exhuasts scream haha

Ready for the weekends ride.

/quote]

What kinda bike?

07 CRF 250.

funkytown said:

Ok great good to know.

I ended up wirh an rt4009wthr to be seated in.

Is this going in a deadicated race car or street car? Thats not a cheap seat considring it isn't fia approved, looks great though.

Munkvy']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Monza 6 pt from maclennans. Very well priced. fia as well

/quote]

Thats what I have too. Just don't let them get wet, the buckles aren't particularly rust resistant.

Should be fine aslong as you dont piss yourself Jon lol

funkytown said:

It will be caged at some point soon. from a safety pov its built to exactly the same standards etc as the fia ones. from a regulation pov i dont see myself entering the likes of gtrnz within a couple of years

So you still have the oem sterring wheel in the car?

If so you will have no worries getting authority card. I took my oem wheel out and now i need a fia approved seat to get authority card and i also need lvv certification for after market steering wheel, well removal of airbag system.

funkytown said:

im pre airbags so i have none of those concerns afaik :)

*v3 sti

Oh lucky bastard, wish my car was older now or maybe i did a bit more research before ripping the interior out, but there you are, hindsight is a wonderful useless thing.

Just gonna be a bit early and say what I'll do this weekend..

Spark Plugs, Oil Change And A WASH!

I did my spark plugs last week, i must say what a pain in the ass it was getting to the passenger side rear one.

Today i clearcoated the recently cleaned up strut brace and coolant reservoir, and started cleaning the radiator fans bracket thing so i could paint it, ran out of time because i had to leave for work.

Just a quick hint for the spark plugs other than taking out the battery and washer bottle and the aorbox from the other side,I undo the engine mounts ( 2 nuts) and then jack up the engine a few inches makes a HUGE difference

Yeah i removed the battery and washer bottle from the left side and the air filter from the right. Was still fiddley

yea its sux doin that one I use the uni joint to do that one makes it easier

Yep had that too. Was spark plug socket, uni joint, 5" extension then rachet

So that's all I should need??, Spark plug socket, uni joint & 5" extension?

ballsrburning']

It will be caged at some point soon. from a safety pov its built to exactly the same standards etc as the fia ones. from a regulation pov i dont see myself entering the likes of gtrnz within a couple of years

/quote]

If so you will have no worries getting authority card. I took my oem wheel out and now i need a fia approved seat to get authority card and i also need lvv certification for after market steering wheel, well removal of airbag system.

Any idea what certing is guna cost for removing the air bagged wheel?

Pelvin']

/quote]

Any idea what certing is guna cost for removing the air bagged wheel?

on your car not cheap, which is basically mine, you have to join a msnz affiliated car club (60)

and get a motorsport licence from msnz (think about 50) and a logbook i think (approx 30)

then you can apply for a authority card which you get from arranging a msnz approved guy to access your car (free) but paperwork for authroity card is (80).

You then have to get a lvv certifier to ok the car which costs 400 dollars minimum.

plus the cost of wheel and boss kit (200)

Its not really worth it for just the wheel as if you get coilovers and other stuff bigger breaks you have to pay 400 dollars each time the car is accessed. You should get everything done at once then you get it all approved at the same time.

Also there has to be no trace of the airbag system any of its components, its not just a case of removing the oem wheel you have to remove everything wireing, etc etc, then you have to sort out the horn which will not be easy as you probably have to get a button installed elswhere on the car as the horn on the new wheel wont work.

not 100% sure but you may need fia approved seat and harness too, if the airbag wheel is removed. this is another 1000 if your lucky but might only be if you have a cage. your pretty muchbetter to leave the oem wheel in there for now then you can mod a lot of stuff and the authority cards covers it adnn you dont need lvv.

looking at around 800 dollars, and its a PAIN IN THE ASS trust me.

Well i've for coil overs to get certed.

But the steering wheel just sounds like a pain in the ass, your right.

Bigger brakes need certing too ... that the disc or the caliper? because im replacing my 2 pot fronts to be 4 pots (and if i find some i'll get 2 pot rears)

Pelvin said:

Bigger brakes need certing too ... that the disc or the caliper? because im replacing my 2 pot fronts to be 4 pots (and if i find some i'll get 2 pot rears)

i dont think the calipers do as i doubt vtnz woudl knwo the car came with 2 pot front and not 4 pot, this is fine, i upgraded the size of the discs on the front to 330mm so they defo need cert.

ballsrburning']

[quote name='Pelvin said:

/quote]

i dont think the calipers do as i doubt vtnz woudl knwo the car came with 2 pot front and not 4 pot, this is fine, i upgraded the size of the discs on the front to 330mm so they defo need cert.

Sweet as, i am looking at getting new discs, so i'll try keep them the same size i guess.

registered the pos. charged battery. put battery back in. in a pitch black garage all on my own. surprised i didnt get electrocuted. paid insurance. insurance raised by $300 a year cos wellington is super dooper high risk. garaged in the burbs is "more dangerous" than parked outside my dads house in wanganui, lolol. #winning

ShaylaJ said:

registered the pos. charged battery. put battery back in. in a pitch black garage all on my own. surprised i didnt get electrocuted. paid insurance. insurance raised by $300 a year cos wellington is super dooper high risk. garaged in the burbs is "more dangerous" than parked outside my dads house in wanganui, lolol. #winning

AND paid my speeding tickets! productive car ownership imo

ballsrburning']

[quote name='Pelvin said:

/quote]

Really?? While having my Cert done i didnt need it listed as the brembos are oem and use factory mount points no cert was red as my guy said.