Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

chulozumo']

[quote name='Jason47 said:

Still playing dumb... Short as in u gota change gear faster?

/quote]

yes that is correct, the ratios are closer together = Shorter= faster accelration=faster between gears=lower top speed=more fuel use :)

I didn't find my 5spd RA box too bad. The 3,600rpm rev at ~105km was annoying at first, but you got used to it. Would still get 500k-ish on open road driving.

nom i love my ra box! dont tempt me with the short shifter! ;D

+1

chulozumo']

[quote name='sti8u said:

lol thats quite high?mine sits around 2900 3000rpm on 100kph

/quote]

naa tis normal, sits at 3200rpm at 100kph.

is that whats next eh Pelvin?! ;D

Perhaps :D i'll get some money together for the next set of upgrades!

Wanting to add a cusco 3 point rear brace ;) 41 can source them :D still got get new brake discs (got some 4pots ;) )

spark_38 said:

I didn't find my 5spd RA box too bad. The 3,600rpm rev at ~105km was annoying at first, but you got used to it. Would still get 500k-ish on open road driving.

Past tense - what do you have now Jason? A sixer?

madmike']

[quote name='ODB said:

bought a new one i think.

well...for the mrs.

Could it be goodbye to the final subaru from my garage?

/quote]

Don't do it man! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

THE FORESTER HAS A STAY OF EXCECUTION!!!!!

Chick who had a verbal agreement to sell us the car sold it today to someone else.

Mildly pissed off cos:

1. we were getting a good deal

2. breaking a verbal agreement shows a lack of ethics and general class imo.

Time to hunt for another old man car with leather seats!

dacerx said:

U selling up?

Definitely not :) Was a stunning day so I made the best of it :P Car was dirrrtyy from living outside for the past 3 months and not being washed.

By not being able to afford to do anything, I mean like changing spark plugs or fuel pump etc.. Just got enough to drive to and from work

There is a new beast in the garage!

I use the term "beast" in the loosest possible term.

165287307_full.jpg

Feel the fury of 1700ccs of pure vtec!

Actually it goes ok for what it is and it has leather interior cos I is a pimp.

Doesn't mean a lot in one of those. It's not exactly a CTR. Gets the tiniest bit of extra grunt up the rev range, maybe. Then again, I just hate Dad's car :P Goes okay for what it is certainly.

Split a top rad hose & nearly overheated the ol gurl.

Replacement GATES hose is rubbish,big kink in it,used toyota Landcruiser item!

Having heatwrapped headers resulted in spectacular steamshow

Well it hasn't really been today, but more the last few days so I thought I'd do one big update. These pics have been posted in bits and peices before, but here they are again, all in one update.

I installed the ARC FMIC kit and piping, which also consisted of the ARC pod filter and pipe.

The cooler I spray painted black with standard spray paint, and the piping I got powdercoated black (more in the hope that it's harder wearing)

black-intercooler.jpg

black-piping.jpg

Also on the list was a new exhaust - 3" downpipe of unknown manufacturer (maybe Rage?), Rage 3" resonator and Rage 3" centre section, to be mated up to the existing STi muffler

fmic-test-fit.jpg

fmic-engine-01.jpg

fmic-pod-filter.jpg

The car's new stance

fmic-stealth-as.jpg

Now because the car has a lot of wiring and piping around the top of the engine, and I know the IC pipes can get quite warm, I thought it was a good idea to heat wrap some of the piping, so I did that also. I guess it's more of a precautionary measure more than anything, I didn't want anything melting through and causing future issues!

fmic-heatwrapped.jpg

fmic-heatwrapped-installed.jpg

Thanks to grego0o for all his help with the FMIC install.

The next day the car went down to Shred Performance for the exhaust install, that all went pretty smoothly, and the car now has a nice roar, especially when its revving. But it's still quite quiet when idling, which is nice. No exhaust pics though, that will have to wait for another day.

The final part of the process was the new ECU tune, which was performed by Speedtech Motorsports. A very respectable 213kw @ 20psi

dyno-final.JPG