Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Ninja 8)']

[quote name='sti555 said:

When are we gona get a pic of whats under that bonnet ::)

/quote]

Dinner will be served ;D

Well done MB.!

heard hes running a td04 with gc8 top mount making 170kw unless he wants to prove me wronng with a pic haha :P

sti555']

/quote]

Dinner will be served ;D

Well done MB.!

heard hes running a td04 with gc8 top mount making 170kw unless he wants to prove me wronng with a pic haha :P

Sounds about right Eden :D

Nachoooo said:

That sux.

No tyre insurance ?

Don\'t think so... Could be worth checking out though, thanks! Apparently the general insurance excess even if parents were driving is around $250, so same cost as the tire really. Oh well, s*** happens

I meant the tyre insurance schemes that tyre shops sell with new tyres.

Usually new replacement if tyre can\'t be repaired, subject to conditions.

sti555']

/quote]

Dinner will be served ;D

Well done MB.!

You guys heard that too? Gee word gets around quick

:P

Roo']

/quote]

Dinner will be served ;D

Well done MB.!

You guys heard that too? Gee word gets around quick

:P

Hard lol. 270wkw odd at 18psi pretty conservitive for now then will push it some more when I get it to stay abit cooler on the dyno with some more R&D still seeing what works and what doesnt for my own knowledge without going by others cars etc. Not too bad for a daily late model tank with A/C and all atleast :)

Roo said:

Very respectable result, must be killer

Yeah wasnt being pushed too hard timing or boost wise so am happy, rather not lean too hard on my cast pistons at 102Deg coolant temp by the end of a couple runs :-X, aircon condenser in my way need to sort some ducting/better fans etc and sort my airbox abit nicer. Could have dropped some boost and still made the same power with some timing but my wastegate spring was 18psi ::).

Goes good enough to put the DCCD to use :-*

evowrx said:

Careful with that DCCD Spence will tell you about that...prob has Id guess.

Good result tho are you tuning yourself?

If it had pistons id give it a go but sitting this one out as I dont overly feel like fixing things at this time of year :-\.

Still waiting to take it for a propper drive but its back in the shed trying to come up with my solution to heat >:(. E85 would be soo good right now but cant do my 6 hour road trips back home on that nor purchase it there lol

Roo said:

Water injection? I find waters pretty plentiful most places have it :P

Definitly a vilid thought and iv been keen on it for a while, will see how i go without for now as that would be ideal for me but as a last resort that probably is the plan. Dyno time isant cheep but its good for seeing real progress without track days being held on demand (would be nice haha) as on the road if it gets hot u got problems because you cant even stretch one gear let alone 4th legitimatly and altho it is a road car it needs to be able to take sustaind abuse when required if I do attend a track day or 2.

over kill on a street car lol? It means we can run 27psi boost on a 2.5 which are knock prone on plain jane 95 fuel not 98. if we dont run water/meth it comes into knock problems at 18psi ish. great for IAT temps and also it will cost 400 ish landed incl shipping and gst etc. I just bought another 4 kits in last week so thats how i know :D

gotasuby said:

over kill on a street car lol? It means we can run 27psi boost on a 2.5 which are knock prone on plain jane 95 fuel not 98. if we dont run water/meth it comes into knock problems at 18psi ish. great for IAT temps and also it will cost 400 ish landed incl shipping and gst etc. I just bought another 4 kits in last week so thats how i know :D

Agreed, just overkill on my car as Im hardly ever on boost anyway but bang for buck seems brilliant just if I could justify it.

gotasuby said:

its sooooooo good ;)

I know it as lol, Being abit stubborn I guess ::)

What sort of IAT\'s were u seeing if it was on the dyno at 18psi without injection? and then with and at what boost(s)? as road doesnt say too much for me unless its logged on track?

The car sounds AMAZING just from that minor 1st gear pull u did after you came into work!

evowrx said:

Careful with that DCCD Spence will tell you about that...prob has Id guess.

Good result tho are you tuning yourself?

R180 vs my baby r160 so im sure he will be ok with his dccd!