Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Fastfour said:

Who made that for you?

Dropped mirror into Richmond Fibreglass to make a mold off it. Turned out really well so I am quite happy!

Next I gotta harass my mate to borrow his genuine 22b vents to mold off those puppies as well! I got a price from PBMS to buy a set of genuine puppies, 1500 + gst! So no thanks and I will have to be VERY careful with his set if I can get my hands on them! Werent allowed to leave my sight last time I asked about them!

• General Member
 wrxguy']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

Who made that for you?

/quote]

Dropped mirror into Richmond Fibreglass to make a mold off it. Turned out really well so I am quite happy!

Next I gotta harass my mate to borrow his genuine 22b vents to mold off those puppies as well! I got a price from PBMS to buy a set of genuine puppies, 1500 + gst! So no thanks and I will have to be VERY careful with his set if I can get my hands on them! Werent allowed to leave my sight last time I asked about them!

I am so keen on a set of 22B vents. PM me if you get a mold and make some up plaese.

Today I decided to take of my bottom spoiler and see what damage I had done with snapping a bolt off.

CpbyQys.jpg

Top right was already missing, the bottom left was what I broke. Awesome thing is that I hadn\'t broken anything off the spoiler itself and that the bolts have a hat thing that sits in a groove.

N0VGIuW.jpg

So I stole two bolts off my old spoiler and she\'s good as new! I am so happy I decide to keep old parts.

so my mate turns up with a bg5c that someone has done a single turb conversion on . yellows . check . orange afm . check . 6s ecu . oh yeah not bad , turbo ? tdo4 off a forester . FFS what sorat sick puppy does that .

logan(the)rasti comes to the rescue with his stock vf23 . hour or 2 and a spring on the waste gate 13 psi all round . muuuuuch better

have only ever seen one good use for a tdo4 . put 2 of them on a 1uz and put it in a jet boat

Went to do a compression test on my car for a potential buyer, first spark plug hole the damn thing got stuck and it took two hours to get it out without damaging the car!

So then of course because I was doing this in the driveway, I had to put the whole thing back together in the dark by feel. But took it for a test drive and all is well so thankful for that :)

At least I now know that I can literally change sparkplugs with my eyes closed!

Protip: if you\'re buying a compression tester that does both sized spark plugs, loctite the s*** out of it before using.

evowrx said:

What got stuck on it? It just needs to maintain a seal so doesnt need to be hell tight.

Is two parts, the main device unthreaded itself from the spark plug size adaptor with the adaptor still in the spark plug hole instead of the whole thing coming out

The two parts are now 3500psi epoxied together so this will not happen again!

MercuryFree']

[quote name='evowrx said:

What got stuck on it? It just needs to maintain a seal so doesnt need to be hell tight.

/quote]

Is two parts, the main device unthreaded itself from the spark plug size adaptor with the adaptor still in the spark plug hole instead of the whole thing coming out

The two parts are now 3500psi epoxied together so this will not happen again!

Ouch. Few words muttered or shouted Id say.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

Who made that for you?

/quote]

I am so keen on a set of 22B vents. PM me if you get a mold and make some up plaese.

Will do bud. I will be makin a spare pair 4 rally car anyway!

My rear diff has been whining for a few years. Got a near-new diff from a generous Stoffa for a great price, and Webster installed it on his hoist, with me assisting.

There were sparkly bits in the oil, and the diff was very noisy on overrun. All vanished now :)

• Admin
 Al_baru said:

My rear diff has been whining for a few years. Got a near-new diff from a generous Stoffa for a great price, and Webster installed it on his hoist, with me assisting.

There were sparkly bits in the oil, and the diff was very noisy on overrun. All vanished now :)

So much easier on a hoist (plus air tools)...

My mechanic mate did mine in 20 minutes and that included pressing the pinion flange off the 2 diffs and swapping them over (V9 or so has a different PCD on the flange, go figure)

He then declared that 20 minutes was now the benchmark for his workshop, and anyone taking longer than that would have some explaining to do :D

boon']

[quote name='Al_baru said:

/quote]

So much easier on a hoist (plus air tools)...

My mechanic mate did mine in 20 minutes and that included pressing the pinion flange off the 2 diffs and swapping them over (V9 or so has a different PCD on the flange, go figure)

He then declared that 20 minutes was now the benchmark for his workshop, and anyone taking longer than that would have some explaining to do :D

we used air tools only when stuff was too tight otherwise it was 3/8 socket set. Took 2 hrs due to neither of us done this before