Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Half cage, semi slicks, race seats/belts, decent pads, then just doing as many trackdays as I can and beat on it without a worry, something I couldnt do in my wrx. Wouldnt mind giving 2kcup a go as well. Its "gay as ****" but actually pretty fun to drive, just needs an extra 50hp as the 1.6L 115hp is a bit underpowering. It feels faster than it is though. Just bought it going halves with the other half as a cheap track hack that she can also drive as well, sif give her the keys to the wrx :P.

Ill be buying a 3.0r wagon eventually so keeping in the boxer club.

Also they're easy to make turbro and double the power output. Easy to make the p:w equation look good when the :w side of it is a low number to start with

There's a massive gulf in enjoyment between a flash car you're constantly paranoid about breaking vs something cheap you can drive at 11/10ths and if it breaks... well you just get another one for nix

Good call y0

Marky said:
Also they're easy to make turbro and double the power output. Easy to make the p:w equation look good when the :w side of it is a low number to start with

There's a massive gulf in enjoyment between a flash car you're constantly paranoid about breaking vs something cheap you can drive at 11/10ths and if it breaks... well you just get another one for nix

Good call y0

The voice of reason has no place on the forums mitzilover.

Yeah I just want something reliable we can beat on all day with no drama, and if something breaks its cheap to replace. I got 5 trackdays out of my wrx so it still did have a good run. Its actually heaps of fun to drive as well, same sensation of fun and speed doing 70-100kph than i got in the wrx doing 150..

My boss has a turbo one making 260ish hp@wheels and races in the jap classic series, my old boss has an ls1 in his, so im in good company if i want more power...

evowrx said:
If its an ae86, 180sx or rx7...

ae86 are the most overrated car ever made. Id much rather have an mx5, and with the change buying one you could turbo it/bigger brakes and probably add coilovers, while the ae86 will still be a stock 1.6L econobox.

"It's a hairdresser's car", they said... "doesn't have enough power to be fun," they said...

mazda-mx-5-habu-by-f-5_800x0w.jpg

LS1 out of a Holden could be a pretty nifty swap, seeing as there aren't that many Corvettes driving around these parts.

Edited by Zenki

evowrx said:
Never understood massive donks in little cars. A rotor is so much more appropriate.

The alloy v8's end up about the same weight as a 13b turbo setup according to the internet and the people who swap ls1's into rx7's.

Yeah his LS1 wasnt much heavier with t56 than the stock iron block 1.6. And most of the weight is negated when you are stripping it out/putting in lighter seats etc so the original balance/weight distribution is mostly kept the same. It sounds lke a fantastic idea, im not sure why you would think otherwise D: Its also going to be reliable as hell. You can also put your foot down in 6th at 100kph on the motorway and it starts pulling like a freight train lol.

LSx V8s are surprisingly compact motors, complete LS7 doesn't break 200kg and it's a 7L.

People throw RBs into Silvias all the time and I'm told a RB26DETT tips the scales at 240kg+.

AdamOst said:
You can also put your foot down in 6th at 100kph on the motorway and it starts pulling like a freight train lol.

Totally worth swapping just to watch people look around for the big burbly V8 when you pull up next to them, I reckon. Torque is just the icing.

Edited by Zenki

Zenki said:
LSx V8s are surprisingly compact motors, complete LS7 doesn't break 200kg and it's a 7L.

People throw RBs into Silvias all the time and I'm told a RB26DETT tips the scales at 240kg+.

Totally worth swapping just to watch people look around for the big burbly V8 when you pull up next to them, I reckon. Torque is just the icing.

Yeah i went for a ride in it once and he opened it up on an onramp past some sacked out ceffie, the look on their faces was pretty gold. It basically the same as having a convertible old school torana or something. Just in a slightly less masculine shell :)

In saying all that, the build wasnt exact;ly cheap haha. Theres also not much MX5 left mechanically...