Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Rosssub said:
Put a Lexus V8 in it. ;)

Oops_007.jpg

That's all wrong for weight distribution. Needs to be in front of the rear axle line unless you've got some of that magical German Engineering DNA in your fault tree that could make it work. How cool would a mid mounted v8 wagon be from a pure sh##s and giggles point of view? haha!

• Admin
 94 Leone said:
Got a wheel alignment; they told me tyre pressures were 70psi and 50psi... well; I'm never trusting service station air pumps again.

Same thing happened to me... I thought the compressor at the petrol station was just a bit **** and that's why it took ages to hit 34psi or whatever.

Good thing I popped into DTech before driving back to Wellys and thought I'd just double check.

94 Leone said:
Got a wheel alignment; they told me tyre pressures were 70psi and 50psi... well; I'm never trusting service station air pumps again.

Never ever trust them,1/they are usually "cheap" so probably not that accurate.2/they get abused/run over 3/ they are never recalibrated

I done this, dodgy fuel set up ( pressure sprayer as still cannot get fuel from tank, suspecting a blocked tank pickup) and found out it has a water leak but a bit more positive about it now as it does run nicely, which is contrary to what I was told,I dont think anything major wrong with the engine( other than noisy tappets)

Attempted to repair Dairusire's Type RA (again).

tl;dr MAF is shot, suspect replacement MAF is also shot but can't prove it to part supplier without third MAF or second WRX STi.

Edited by Zenki

Went on clubsub for the first time in a few months haha

Fiddled with tune on the airtrek a bit... found the best value lols online in the form of super retardo timing and "some" extra fuel in the no load / high rev part of the map, ohhh yissss muthfukin flameage

Has no use other than making me laugh and that alone justifies it haha

Changed the top gearbox mount. The original one had a lot play at the gear box end, feels much better now and the annoying noise at idle has disappeared. Also finally got round to putting new plastic tee section in PCV valve pipe to connect it back to Torque box, but while doing that broke the vacuum hose off the fuel line!!! the mtb bike pump hose is a good temp fix. seems most plastic/hoses are going brittle.