Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

they all tap . just means the rest of the motor is quiet . you cant rebuild injectors . not shitty old subaru ones anyway

my car only had 89000 kays and can hear the injectors ticking over the engine running . nissans with sidefeeds have always been able to hear the injectors

or does it sound like an angry lifter ?

Reaction time has nothing to do with the time you run, you\'re timed from when the wheels cross the line

If you\'re just racing the clock / getting the best time you can, ignore the lights and the other lane, just focus on getting it right. See too many people worry about trying to cut the perfect light when they have no hope of beating the other lane anyway haha

AdamOst said:

Where should i hook into for the illumination wire on one of those genome/defi control boxes. Just any acc power?

id do the lights, so backing light comes on when lights are on/ you need to see it

B4 I was 250T']

[quote name='B4 I was 250T said:

Dumb question....1999 RSK B4 02 sensor, what one? 3 wire, 4 wire? Bosch good? Many thanks 8)

/quote]

Ok, struggling to find 3 wire bosch sensor even on ebay! Will four wire work?

I wouldn\'t think so. Could always ring Tony at RDL if he can order you in a Bosch one. Think it was $180 for one.

Otherwise: http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/oxygen-sensor-22641aa321

Timmah']

[quote name='B4 I was 250T said:

Dumb question....1999 RSK B4 02 sensor, what one? 3 wire, 4 wire? Bosch good? Many thanks 8)

/quote]

Ok, struggling to find 3 wire bosch sensor even on ebay! Will four wire work?

I wouldn\'t think so. Could always ring Tony at RDL if he can order you in a Bosch one. Think it was $180 for one.

Otherwise: http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/oxygen-sensor-22641aa321

i have a 3 wire one . 5-10,000 ks old

BLAZD']

[quote name='AdamOst said:

Where should i hook into for the illumination wire on one of those genome/defi control boxes. Just any acc power?

/quote]

id do the lights, so backing light comes on when lights are on/ you need to see it

Where is this "lights" wire? Im tapping into my HU wires for the others, but my HU has no illimination wire hooked up.

Tighten it (there\'s the big adjusty bolt thing on the alternator), see if problem persists - only two belts it can be so not hard to diagnose which one is mister slippy

Can\'t imagine they cost much so when replacing one just do the other, unless you\'re going for the extreme hp gain of no A/C

No way, need my ac! (Yeah yeah creature comforts, after having the ac blow its yellow cloud load in my face I think I deserve some of the benefits of ac)

Thanks Marky! Will check it out tonight :)

AdamOst']

[quote name='AdamOst said:

/quote]

Where is this "lights" wire? Im tapping into my HU wires for the others, but my HU has no illimination wire hooked up.

There will be one there some where most factory head units have an illumination wire ( to dim the lights in it usually )

Ok, heres a dumb question for you all.

My soarer has projector type headlights. If i was to get a projector from a later model BMW(See edit, not that it really matters), that runs HID\'s, could I then retrofit them into the soarers housing (assuming it all fits) and run HID\'s with no problem with Mr 5-0 or WOF man?

From LTSA

HID conversion kits (an HID bulb with a high voltage power unit or ‘ballast’ which fits into the original headlamp unit in place of the original bulb with no change to the headlamp lens, reflector or housing) are illegal on any vehicle being used on New Zealand roads.

However, a complete halogen headlamp unit can be replaced with a complete HID headlamp unit provided that the replacement headlamp unit complies with approved standards. If in doubt, get advice from a vehicle lighting retailer you trust.

So whats your take?

*EDIT* lets change the projector to a Honda TSX (Accord CL9) one. As this is what the guys in the states are using.

LatitudeNZ said:

Ok, heres a dumb question for you all.

My soarer has projector type headlights. If i was to get a projector from a later model BMW, that runs HID\'s, could I then retrofit them into the soarers housing (assuming it all fits) and run HID\'s with no problem with Mr 5-0 or WOF man?

From LTSA

HID conversion kits (an HID bulb with a high voltage power unit or ‘ballast’ which fits into the original headlamp unit in place of the original bulb with no change to the headlamp lens, reflector or housing) are illegal on any vehicle being used on New Zealand roads.

However, a complete halogen headlamp unit can be replaced with a complete HID headlamp unit provided that the replacement headlamp unit complies with approved standards. If in doubt, get advice from a vehicle lighting retailer you trust.

So whats your take?

retrofit = fail.

if you took the whole headlight fitting and replaced it, you are fine, or at least, that\'s how i read that....

I would read that as sealed unit - say if you had a legacy / altezza budget model without hids you could swap to the hids from high end model, but not retrofitting a kit into something else

To be fair though would be super rando to get caught for it... just sayin

A lot say that fitting the hid\'s into the projector type light like in the facelift gtb\'s is okay since the cut off is still in effect

Now tightened up the alternator, squeek is a lot less now, thanks marky

It still squeeks a little bit, should I just replace both the ac belt and alty belt?

• Guest locked this topic