Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Roo said:

What does a reconditioner do to polish bearing journals in a crank?

Puts it in a lathe and uses a air powered emery tape band wheel and rotates the crank while polishing it with the strip of emery tape on spinning band wheel device lol. Thats about good as my english skills can explain it dahah :D

marc']

[quote name='Roo said:

What does a reconditioner do to polish bearing journals in a crank?

/quote]

Puts it in a lathe and uses a air powered emery tape band wheel and rotates the crank while polishing it with the strip of emery tape on spinning band wheel device lol. Thats about good as my english skills can explain it dahah :D

Ah yep makes sense, cheers!

Im running 215/40/17*8 15p with a roll front/rear slight pump in the rear and shaved the corners of my bumpers. No crazy camber around 2deg less I think and its at a decent height. Tyres should last, handles well and looks fine imo. Wouldnt mind 8.5" but sit the same to give me more tyre on the inside as theres plenty of strut to rim clearance. Sits relatively low and only get slight rub on big bumps at speed with slightly more camber it doesnt rub at all but doesnt look as nice. Cutting the lip rather than rolling it would give you more flush if thats what youre after.

newsuba']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Im running 215/40/17*8 15p

/quote]

That might explain the problems you were having with T1Rs...

:D

sounds bad... but okay apparently...

Tire Size Load Speed Index Tread Depth (mm) Overall Diameter (mm) Overall Width (mm) Approved Rim Width Range (inch)

215/40ZR17 87W XL 8.2 604 222 7.00-7.5-8.50

loner']

/quote]

Tire Size Load Speed Index Tread Depth (mm) Overall Diameter (mm) Overall Width (mm) Approved Rim Width Range (inch)

Hardly notice the stretch more of a fart than a shit if you get what I mean look at pics in my garage thread. The nankangs I have on now are even less of a stretch. Well within legit specs on both also...

They stuck very well found the body started to roll to the point of cocking a leg rather than the tyres letting go when pushing it and thats with 22mm adjust rear bar. From what Ive read on here I would run them again cheap and work bloody well.

• General Member

T1Rs FTW! I think my love for them is pretty well known but I really rate them.

I think they hold well and I find them to be pretty progressive, I know how far I can push them before they let go and come back quite well if you reign it in once you slide.

ADIKT said:

Can I use a v3 dccd box in a v4 sti?

Reason I ask is v3 has mech speedo and v4 has electronic

Will prob get a v6 dccd cluster if it will work

Yes u can use v3 dccd box in yours but no u cannot use cluster, have to find v4 dccd one if u Wana swap yours.

marc']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Yes u can use v3 dccd box in yours but no u cannot use cluster, have to find v4 dccd one if u Wana swap yours.

even more simple - replace the elec sender out of the v4 box with the mech one of the v3 and it works with your v3 cluster.

this applies to all boxes incl. 6mt onwards using in v3/2/1

funkytown']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

even more simple - replace the elec sender out of the v4 box with the mech one of the v3 and it works with your v3 cluster.

this applies to all boxes incl. 6mt onwards using in v3/2/1

i have a v4. But possibly looking at a v3 dccd box.

Thanks for the answers. Ive found all the bits I need

evowrx']

/quote]

Hardly notice the stretch more of a fart than a s*** if you get what I mean look at pics in my garage thread. The nankangs I have on now are even less of a stretch. Well within legit specs on both also...

They stuck very well found the body started to roll to the point of cocking a leg rather than the tyres letting go when pushing it and thats with 22mm adjust rear bar. From what Ive read on here I would run them again cheap and work bloody well.

Hmmm.. what wheels were you running ?

On my 17x7.5" wide Subaru BBS there was a noticeable \_____/ look.

???

newsuba']

/quote]

Hardly notice the stretch more of a fart than a s*** if you get what I mean look at pics in my garage thread. The nankangs I have on now are even less of a stretch. Well within legit specs on both also...

Hmmm.. what wheels were you running ?

On my 17x7.5" wide Subaru BBS there was a noticeable _____/ look.

???

Koya teks, Check my thread.

I hate it when tyres look like this:

| |

| |

Unless theyre R888\'s or similar. Am I right in thinking there is slightly less flex in the sidewall of a 215/40/17 on a 8 instead of a 7?

• Guest locked this topic