Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

200,000 kms - Who's made it?

Just did my regular 5000km oil change today at 193,000kms, made me think, I only have 7000 kms til I hit the 200,000 mark, and in turn, a big service (cam belt, water pump, seals etc)

just wondering who else is running high kms in their cars, post your car type, kms and if you are still on the original engine ;D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRXONP said:

piston slap is a feature not a flaw :-)

I really hope so since my car sounds like a diesel for the first 20min. Just tell my friends when it first starts up, it's a slow diesel until it's warmed up then the Subby boxer kicks in.. :P

214,000km on the Impreza (original motor) and only just now has it decided that it's spark plug time again ;D

Legacy's gone 294,000km but has one hell of a chequered past mechanically and is on a WRX motor with a good 160,000km on it.

They go longtiems if you treat them well :)

194,000Kms on my old EA81 brumby. Engine Original. Its now powering another brumby

318,000kms on my Legacy Wagon EJ18 SOHC. Engine Original.

300,000kms old turbo EA82T Vortex 1986, That was totally original. Motor never touched. But was very well maintained since new.

1400 would had been around the clock a few times... since its only 5 digit reout on it. Engine Original.

260,000kms SVX EG33. Auto shot tho. Engine Original

300,000kms on dads old Leone EA71 1600cc. Engine Original. It would had been good for another 300,000 if the body didnt rott.

My V5 STi RA is nearly on 200k, original engine but freshened up at 185k. Though my old Sti Type R is up to 160 odd kms now from what I know(brother knows the current owner), and still original everything ! Both me and my bro' owned it and had no issues at all doing over 50000ks between us. Regular 5000k services and strict diet of 98 must help !

Timmah said:

I'm at 131,800k. Org motor! With me driving it, should last to 200k with the worlds worst Piston Slap when cold

youll have to have a listen to mine sometime :D

i got 170xxx ish before it let go ...... 96 twin turbo.

so far over 20xxx on a motor ive built and hasn't been babied alot