• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Definition of a Boyracer

Swindog

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also get the boy ricers- the ones that drive fartbox auto with 4inch muffler tip and hella ugly in car lights with stupid wings or accessories that accelerate really loudly and go no where that try race you at each set of lights.

Sometimes it gets to the point where I just wanna flick that switch (does lauch control and ups boost) and really sets them straight but then that makes you just as bad as them right?

reaperblitz said:

You can also get the boy ricers- the ones that drive fartbox auto with 4inch muffler tip and hella ugly in car lights with stupid wings or accessories that accelerate really loudly and go no where that try race you at each set of lights.

Sometimes it gets to the point where I just wanna flick that switch (does lauch control and ups boost) and really sets them straight but then that makes you just as bad as them right?

I just take solace in the fact that some muppet passes me at 60km in the middle of town (50k area) and I just drive 50km the entire time and I'm still ahead at the end because hurrr what is corner

IMO

a person who street races is what defines a "boy racer". Someone who blocks off roads and does skids or drives recklessly cause issues for others ect.

A person with a fast car or a loud exhaust doesn't make them a boyracer. Some people don't understand the enjoyment of a car and simply think its dumb or excessive. Do you call a 100k Audi a boyracer? Do you think 100k audis drive the speed limit all the time and simply used as dailys?

We all make mistakes. Some people lose everything in a simple second.Some regret, remorse an show character. Some don't and never learn and simply ruin everything for everyone.

Forgive my bluntness but its like defining all rednecks as shotgun welding lunatics, black people as criminals, people with tats an dreads as druggies or worse all computer gamers as skinny pimpled virgin geeks, all people who like children pedophiles.. Labeling plays a huge part in the way we think of things and people.

slystiguy said:

Forgive my bluntness but its like defining all rednecks as shotgun welding lunatics, black people as criminals, people with tats an dreads as druggies or worse all computer gamers as skinny pimpled virgin geeks, all people who like children pedophiles.. Labeling plays a huge part in the way we think of things and people.

100% correct all of them are true.

Wait.....you werent saying that. Oops.

94 Leone said:

Race y'all fo' pinkzz skuxx gee driftin'.

The douchebag I mean drifting scene is the worst of the boy racers, because they willingly lose traction around corners often blind corners, endangering heaps more than themselves tbh.they might be halfway through a drift, and a campervan comes around the corner at 20km with a line of traffic from here to hong kong behind it, he hits the camper, and all the other vehicles pile-up because they were all travelling so slow they'd fallen asleep and all hit each other rear ending and such at 20km/h....

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

Pffft.. The drifting scene is a very large real scene.. Obviously your mistaking drifting with immature drivers. Have you ever been sideways at 150?? It's a thrill and very addictive.

The truth is the amature, immature people that have just bought a RWD and think they can drift is the issue.

Very interesting how we get judged as "Boy Racers" and don't like it yet everyone on here has there own judgement!! We are complaining about people judging, yet your all judging!!!

CUDDAS']

[quote name='Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

quote]

Powerful sound systems

Large, loud exhaust tips

Dammit, can't even drive my tractor without being labeled a boyracer.

Ah well if you can't beat them, join them. I'm off to do the laps. Rollin' on 40"s yo!

:P

bahaha awesome.

2012-01-10_16-25-23_477Small.jpg

Installed a Sparco bucket seat. Don't wanna be falling off my seat while I'm drifting for all the bitches. 8)

Slidesector']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

Race y'all fo' pinkzz skuxx gee driftin'.

The douchebag I mean drifting scene is the worst of the boy racers, because they willingly lose traction around corners often blind corners, endangering heaps more than themselves tbh.they might be halfway through a drift, and a campervan comes around the corner at 20km with a line of traffic from here to hong kong behind it, he hits the camper, and all the other vehicles pile-up because they were all travelling so slow they'd fallen asleep and all hit each other rear ending and such at 20km/h....

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

/quote]

Pffft.. The drifting scene is a very large real scene.. Obviously your mistaking drifting with immature drivers. Have you ever been sideways at 150?? It's a thrill and very addictive.

The truth is the amature, immature people that have just bought a RWD and think they can drift is the issue.

Very interesting how we get judged as "Boy Racers" and don't like it yet everyone on here has there own judgement!! We are complaining about people judging, yet your all judging!!!

This is true and steps away from the original entitlement of the thread.

Extract from the urban dictonary:

A level headed young male between the age of 17-25 who sensibly makes modifications to his vehicle to improve performance. The use of offensive stickers, spoliers borrowed from British Airways, clear tail-lights that give you a headache and practical rims that cost more than the car are all well implemented by the boy racer. As all boy racers are aware, such modifications make a car not only cool but endlessly faster. Most boy racers obtain this valuable information from such reliable sources as their mates.

Boy racers are also known to drive recklessly, as doing so clearly helps in impressing the opposite sex and compensating for sexual inadequacy. The effect that this has on sensible motorists and elderly pedestrians is generally not taken into consideration. It is not a widely held belief amongst boy racers that motorists will eventually tire of them and encourage them off the road with a nudge from a pick-up truck, or pedestrains will get a sudden surge of adrenaline and hurl a rock through their window and/or plastic spoiler. However, some motorists theorise this will happen.

In conclusion, boy racers make excellent 'airfix' style modifications to their vehicle and spend an admiral amount of time and money modifying a cheap, crappy car with a small engine. Srangely, these modifications never seem to improve performance. They also drive with extreme charisma, few people could claim to handle a vehicle with such spectacular incompetance.

Just don't ask them to change the oil filter, drive up an incline or reverse a trailer.

YO FUK YO LIL JOHNNY HIT IT!

JoKer said:

I'm more offended that I am too old by internet stantards to be a boyracer!

maybe if I buy a flat peak cap, back in my day it was all about shaping your cap

+1 lol

• General Member

I have been known to wear a flat peak from time to time, I'm quite certain I look ridiculous and do not care. Just like people who don't like my car and feel the need to rip on it don't bother me.

Although I have been told I'm having a mid life crisis, pretty bleak at 24 but whatever I guess lol.

i loved my car when it was lowered on springs and even more so when on adjustables but i would always draw the wrong attention now that i'm on factory springs i never get pulled over for a chat ;)

I've thought about selling the rex and i still have it on sella for a higher price but i just can't find anything that has everything the impreza has to offer without spending some serious coin.

If hellaflush come to NZ i'm seriously looking at putting my adjustables back into my car and lowering the car to the point i'd like the mags under the guards low

• Admin
 QRAF said:

i loved my car when it was lowered on springs and even more so when on adjustables but i would always draw the wrong attention now that i'm on factory springs i never get pulled over for a chat ;)

I've been driving my V7 around for over a year now and I've never been stopped except, erm, when I deserved to be stopped :-X