chulozumo

04 Workshop DIY day

It has been suggested to me that we should run another workshop day, so what would you like to learn how to do?

Change fluids, coolant, oil, g/box diff, regressed shocks, change brake pads, rotors, bleed brakes again, replace leaky gaskets, remove an engine etc etc

What would YOU like to learn how to do yourself? Is there anything that needs to be done on your car? Anything at all, speak up and we can organise it.

Date depending and venue location i'd come along to learn anything maintenance wise for my scoob.....

I think it would be a useful and enjoyable day out..... :):)

loner said:
new cambelt

new clutch

both save a lot of money when doing yourself

Very true. Also turbo swap.

All good suggestions, cheers. Just need to find people who need these things done now, maybe I'll do a another build day when the short block is ready for the WRX

Just crank up the boost on the ra-r 35psi should do it. Something will break.

Man, wish stuff like this happened further up the island so I don't have to go in completely blind every time I try take on something new.

I'd be keen on learning some stuff...

My 100k service will be due soon, so transmission, brake fluids etc will need to be done. I've already had the cam and tension belts replaced.

Does anyone recommend that Sea Foam stuff you can get from Subaru to get rid of the carbon build up? I've read mixed reviews.

Haha no doubt something would explode, she's happy on 22 ;)

If your ever in Welly just let me know and we can sort something out haha.

As for the seafoam, I'm not sure either never had a car going long enough to need to do it hahaha. I think Timmah might have done it ages ago but I'm not sure.

Andy_Mac said:
Man, wish stuff like this happened further up the island so I don't have to go in completely blind every time I try take on something new.

Yeah +1

I would be keen as for it too

spark it up guys if you need something done in your area have a beer in the fridge & get people around to harass you while you skin your knuckles~

I'm always happy to get free help / sorry I mean, teach people stuff

Seafoam is good stuff, just buy the stuff from supercheap not the double-price version Subaru sell, works a treat and does no harm. Also useful for fumigating the neighbourhood

I have a bunch of stuff that I need to fit / upgrade on the Foz haha

- Rear sway bar & links

- BOV

- GFB Lightweight pulleys

- Fuel pump

- Radiator hoses

- Braided brakelines & fluid

All this stuff is pretty straight forward, I'm just lazy hahaha. But if we can organise a day where I'm free, I'm keen to get it all done.

Marky said:
I'm always happy to get free help / sorry I mean, teach people stuff

Seafoam is good stuff, just buy the stuff from supercheap not the double-price version Subaru sell, works a treat and does no harm. Also useful for fumigating the neighbourhood

Can you recommend which one that could be used like subaru upper engine clearer at supercheap auto ?

V7_WRX said:
Can you recommend which one that could be used like subaru upper engine clearer at supercheap auto ?

Not sure what super cheap stock, but you can get 3 bond upper engine cleaner from repco for about $25 (that was last time I got it about a year ago).

Edit: cheaper if they have a sale

Edited by SpeedySub

Awesome this is looking like a good day of work and learning. Maybe even a few weekends worth. Very keen to get things happening again

I'm happy to come along and help out with anything. I've done cam belts, clutches etc. My car currently doesn't need anything doing (touch wood).

I've got a set of bosch 1000cc ev14's that need to go into my v7 sti wagon (including swapping/recrimping connectors from denso to bosch) -- although i probably can't wait heh may do it this weekend

If needed and have the capacity, I'm more than happy to come out and give you guys a hand, share what I know. I can do everything from bleeding brakes to wiring and road tuning Link ECUs (expect rebuild a gearbox & diff)

If anyone is free this weekend I'll be doing cv boots on the legacy @ the lock up, nothing major but will no doubt find something else. Bring your **** a long and do whatever you need if you want

Also have an MX5 with a ****ed rear diff that needs to come out as well