Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

got it fired up again after doing manifold etc, need to get my link controller off hijacka as the link is running an antilag map and it doesnt like it!

New windscreen booked in for wednesday, does $300 for them to come out and replace with new item sound about right?

Then hopefully laadan (hijacka) and I can swap the diff to my 4.44 in the weekend and replace centre diff and front axles, get my tyres chucked on, sort out why my indicators wont work, and shes ready for wof!

zarnah said:

..Then hopefully laadan (hijacka) and I can swap the diff to my 4.44 in the weekend and replace centre diff and front axles, get my tyres chucked on, sort out why my indicators wont work, and shes ready for wof!

i hurt from doing that myself last night. rear diff is teh heavy and awkward. it is possible to drop it out without touching the rear arms/hubs though. ...on GC/BG chassis. your BC has a different rear end eh

kamineko']

[quote name='zarnah said:

..Then hopefully laadan (hijacka) and I can swap the diff to my 4.44 in the weekend and replace centre diff and front axles, get my tyres chucked on, sort out why my indicators wont work, and shes ready for wof!

/quote]

i hurt from doing that myself last night. rear diff is teh heavy and awkward. it is possible to drop it out without touching the rear arms/hubs though. ...on GC/BG chassis. your BC has a different rear end eh

I also have a wheel bearing on the way out on the left rear, and my 4.44 diff is still on my parts car which has good hubs both sides, would it be easier to drop the whole subframe and replace?

took the scoobie up to warkworth (Kent) and they managed to find 40KW ! had to put in a fuel regulator but sh!t this thing is really quick now . Also got the gizzmo programmed correctly so boosting 10.8 psi or 15.2 psi now depending on cycle used.

now to book my trackday at hampton downs for monday ;D

massive mission today (and faaaark its hot!) pulled out box, cracked it and stripped it, removed front diff and took the crown wheel off then put it all back together and back into the car, big thanks to Laadan (HIJACKA) who damn near could pull one of them to bits with a blindfold on haha.

So mission tommorow is to get some front half-shafts in for wof time.

SANY0072.jpg

SANY0074.jpg

SANY0078.jpg

SANY0077.jpg

SANY0088.jpg

Drunkenmonkey said:

so does that make it RWD?

No, it was allready Rwd, thats done by welding up the centre diff, taking the crown wheel off the front diff means you can run front halfshafts for wof's, If you just put the front halfshafts in without removing the crownwheel then it will make the car 4 wheel locked diff and break things haha

Drunkenmonkey said:

ah i see didnt no you had to have the shalfs in for wofs

I used to get wofs at vtnz with no front halfshafts in my old BF, but they have wised up to the conversions a bit now and require them to be certed or well hidden............

Removed my vf23 to replace with a vf30. The thing is I dont think its knackered now. I think the lines in the catch can have been put back together wrong and that where the oil is coming from. Instead of the top line going to the intake a bottom line on the catch can is. Any oil in it would be being sucked straight into the intake.

I think my turbo has been "sucking" the oil out of the catch can from the engine when it is on boost. This would explain a couple of things but someone may be able to correct me?

stira said:

Removed my vf23 to replace with a vf30. The thing is I dont think its knackered now. I think the lines in the catch can have been put back together wrong and that where the oil is coming from. Instead of the top line going to the intake a bottom line on the catch can is. Any oil in it would be being sucked straight into the intake.

I think my turbo has been "sucking" the oil out of the catch can from the engine when it is on boost. This would explain a couple of things but someone may be able to correct me?

hahaha sounds like an awesome albeit pointless setup, then again it should only be sucking as much oil as it would if it was set up factory with the breathers running to the intake so if you have excessive oil then id say theres still something wrong

I agree, but I only have excess oil when the turbo boosts, basically I think its sucking it out of the engine through the catch can. In the pic below you can see how its set up. The line on the far left at the bottom of the can is going to to the intake.

The line on the top on the elbow is coming from the right head breather, basically it would act like a vacume pump under any sort of boost. I think.

Im of the opinion the lines need to be swapped around and the problem will be solved.

P1040502.jpg

Sounds like its blowing it threw the blowby Stira rather than sucking it as you say its only on boost which generally means wornout compression rings. Might be time to dust off the compression tester and prepare yourself for the moment of truth.

hijacka said:

Sounds like its blowing it threw the blowby Stira rather than sucking it as you say its only on boost which generally means wornout compression rings. Might be time to dust off the compression tester and prepare yourself for the moment of truth.

haha the moment of truth hurts ay bro?

zarnah']

[quote name='hijacka said:

/quote]

haha the moment of truth hurts ay bro?

Haha rub it in why don't you lol.

I had a good day with the Brumby :)

got it ACTUALLY running took a bit of work had to wire up a different fuel pump as factory one wasnt running,will sort it out once i get it up on hoist :)

video here

then even though it not close to being legal, i drove it down to the workshop and was impressed as to how well it drove SOOOOOO starting monday the get the brumby legal mission starts