Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

bought a new car so soon will not own a subaru. Got 2 weeks to sell privately or i take 14k for the sti. Never thought id be driving a rwd car after 8 years in 4 subbies.Oh well time to grow up a bit me thinks and act my age hahaha

Changed oil, changed spark plugs, replaced a broken wheel stud (cheeky cunts blue-takked the wheel nut on!), fitted front and rear bumpers, cleaned MAF sensor and cleaned the engine bay and got a WOF. The joys of getting a new car that isn't quite up to scratch! Running sweet now though ;D

slyrwd']

[quote name='BLAZD said:

Ripped factory fuel lines out , what a homo job. Never again

/quote]

HAHA ive done the same!! wasnt that bad bro.. installed new braided lines from pump to engine..

Retarded ! I did the same 2 runs of braid , I just had no idea what the fuck to do , cage was in the way , leaking fuel galor , bending ripping mashing

Today I butchered my baffled twin-scroll prototype sump as it was essentially its first test fitment.

Got that sorted then ended up cutting and reshaping my factory twin-scroll headers as well otherwise I'd never be able to drain the oil. Next time I'm just going to start with a twin-scroll sump and baffle that!

But now it all fits and looks like an engine. Need to supply beer to one of the CNC guys at work to make me some adjustable pulleys now so I can get the cam timing sorted.

Koom said:

Today I butchered my baffled twin-scroll prototype sump as it was essentially its first test fitment.

Got that sorted then ended up cutting and reshaping my factory twin-scroll headers as well otherwise I'd never be able to drain the oil. Next time I'm just going to start with a twin-scroll sump and baffle that!

But now it all fits and looks like an engine. Need to supply beer to one of the CNC guys at work to make me some adjustable pulleys now so I can get the cam timing sorted.

beer for adj pullys? i can supply a bottle if he can whip up another set while hes at it?

:)

Koom said:

Dial the cams up and see where they are,

I have just set up my Kelford cams by slotting the drive dowel holes slightly to give adjustment - got them all to within 1/2 a degree

Or buy a pair of Crawford adjustable idlers

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Dial the cams up and see where they are,

I have just set up my Kelford cams by slotting the drive dowel holes slightly to give adjustment - got them all to within 1/2 a degree

Or buy a pair of Crawford adjustable idlers

I have been discussing that with Tony as its my last resort for getting it dialled. He usually does the rally cars like that, its just that its a pain in the ass to do.

I've been pestering our machine shop to make these for me for about 6 months now. Took just as long for them to make a restrictor for me as well so as each day goes by, it looks like I'll be doing it as you mentioned :(

boon said:

Cleaned the AFM (filthy, damn K&N pod) and reset the ECU.

Moved the hose that was occasionally preventing the throttle from closing completely.

Stupid car idles a lot better now.

I had a lil rubber grommet on the accelerator cable slide down.. which was preventing the throttle from closing completely. Thought something was fucked untill i asked someone to help me lol

Replaced the bulbs behind the dash cluster in my RS with pretty blue ones and blue bulbs behind the indicators so no more flashing green like every other car.. looks mint i say!! better than the photo anyway!! The needles are alot easier to see than the pic also..

2011-11-21193334-1.jpg