Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Busy morning.

GF6 - Removed all the factory pre-facelift crap and fitted some v6 sti tail lights, v5 headlights, v5 grill, v5 bonnet. Removed the hideous factory steering wheel and chucked a nardi one on, got some wrx side skirts and rear bumper with end caps along with facelift mirrors and front bumper to paint next week. Serviced it with engine oil, filter, spark plugs and leads. And got some roof rails and mouldings to go on next week also.

V10 - Tore the engine and box out, removed front and rear windows, Complety gutted the inside and chipped off all the sound deadening with the help of some dry ice (made some sweet bombs too) it\'s at the stage now where we can drill off any brackets and bits that are extra weight and going off for cage next week also.

Silvia - Looked at it, looked at new gearbox sitting on floor, said fuck that and walked off.

All before 3. Niiiice

Fail57 said:

Busy morning.

GF6 - Removed all the factory pre-facelift crap and fitted some v6 sti tail lights, v5 headlights, v5 grill, v5 bonnet. Removed the hideous factory steering wheel and chucked a nardi one on, got some wrx side skirts and rear bumper with end caps along with facelift mirrors and front bumper to paint next week. Serviced it with engine oil, filter, spark plugs and leads. And got some roof rails and mouldings to go on next week also.

V10 - Tore the engine and box out, removed front and rear windows, Complety gutted the inside and chipped off all the sound deadening with the help of some dry ice (made some sweet bombs too) it\'s at the stage now where we can drill off any brackets and bits that are extra weight and going off for cage next week also.

Silvia - Looked at it, looked at new gearbox sitting on floor, said bother that and walked off.

All before 3. Niiiice

8)

Vacuumed the boot, back, front and engine bay ;) Cleaned and dried it, tidied my Earthing Kit a bit and fitted a few stickers. Re-routed my BOV vac hose (that split this morning), can you tell I\'m bored?

Earth_tidy_up_002.jpg

Edit: Punched out a heap of flattened fins on my Air Con Radiator too, might get %10-15 more flow to the Engines Radiator, vacuumed some bugs out too... ::)

What I have been doing to the RX over the last few weeks, do a few minutes a day between doing everything else

as it sits

DSC_0071.JPG

Fixing exhaust leak

fitted a helicoil to the pulled stud

1193.JPG

filed the mating surfaces of the manifolds

1194.JPG

will add new gaskets

also fitting second hand box ( hopefully no 3rd gear graunch)

fitted new windscreen

and fitted the subaru factory fog lights :)

all up about $200 in parts

scylar said:

After being stuck in the garage for a while due to funds being diverted to other aspects of the car, the wife was kind enough to give me a voucher for panel beating services and the resulst:

spoiler finally put on ;D

2014-01-10165252.jpg

2014-01-10165233.jpg

2014-01-10165221.jpg

i recognise this car.

Do you work somewhere near the bus depot in town?

I think I saw you at the lights in front of Sofitel.

nickch']

[quote name='scylar said:

After being stuck in the garage for a while due to funds being diverted to other aspects of the car, the wife was kind enough to give me a voucher for panel beating services and the resulst:

spoiler finally put on ;D

URL=http://s328.photobucket.com/user/jackep82/media/2014-01-10165252.jpg.html]2014-01-10165252.jpg[/url]

2014-01-10165233.jpg

2014-01-10165221.jpg

i recognise this car.

Do you work somewhere near the bus depot in town?

I think I saw you at the lights in front of Sofitel.

i actually work at the sofitel ;D

zi think i recognize your blue v7 as well lol

Well this is a mod I\'ve needed for a while...

Background is that some events have 180deg turns within the roadside curbs and you have 2 options - go wide and slow - or go in fast and tight and handbrake around the turn. Recently I\'ve been handbraking the 180\'s but due to advancing age and far too many inputs from the car and the track and too many things to do driving out of corner ie gas on , handbrake off, turn wheel more, turn wheel less, aim car to next corner - I find that more often than not when I get to the next corner the handbrake is still locked on. Only about a quarter but that\'s too much :(

This means the acceleration has been less, time has been lost, and most difficult is that I need to reset the brain that\'s looking to handbrake the next corner but now I must unlock and take handbrake off first before I can turn next corner. You see the problem...

So I got a handbrake from PAP for $8 and took it and some ideas to a mate who\'s really good with mechanical engineering. He came up with a completely different idea to the 3 that I had, and in 30 minutes he\'d done it.

After that I took the mad mod home and using a jig transferred the idea and internals to my handbrake because I\'d cut up the PAP handbrake cover to get it off and I couldn\'t drill out the extra hole in the hb because it was made of steel harder than my drill and it was from a BG and mine was a GC and there was an extra mounting hole that wasn\'t there.

Preamble aside, here\'s an $8 mechanical version of a hydraulic handbrake:

Ratchet action locked out:

IMG_0283_zps8af54edc.jpg

Modded handbrake installed:

IMG_0286_zpsde8c5307.jpg

Just need to pull the pin to return handbrake back to normal.

Al_baru said:

Well this is a mod I\'ve needed for a while...

Background is that some events have 180deg turns within the roadside curbs and you have 2 options - go wide and slow - or go in fast and...

cool... have you got your mapDCCD setup and ready for Sunday?

I just tape (duct tape) the handbrake button so it stays pressed in.

That way you just pull it up and there is no need to push the button, works fine for me.

ballsrburning']

I just tape (duct tape) the handbrake button so it stays pressed in.

That way you just pull it up and there is no need to push the button, works fine for me.

That was my 1st solution. I just taped a wheel nut over the handbrake button and that worked more than fine. Mate was not impressed with this mod and he made this solution :)

Cool :D I put my hole through the end of my handbrake and the button and have a piece of wire through there, your method is much tidier.

Were you not able to drift one of the drift buttons?

So much simpler too than this final method. Mate thought the wire would get in the way.

[quote name='loner said:

Um no. It\'s still in the box. But I have changed a rear caliper on the starlet, cut out 4 new brake pads for starlet from a Ford Taurus hawk pad (using awesome grinder cut-off wheel techniques), put bark chips on 3 gardens, installed garden edging, prepped one side of the house for painting, and replaced tomato\'s cambelt, waterpump and aircon belt :)

Al_baru']

[quote name='loner said:

/quote]Um no. It\'s still in the box. But I have changed a rear caliper on the starlet, cut out 4 new brake pads for starlet from a Ford Taurus hawk pad (using awesome grinder cut-off wheel techniques), put bark chips on 3 gardens, installed garden edging, prepped one side of the house for painting, and replaced tomato\'s cambelt, waterpump and aircon belt :)

That sounds like a lot of work... but did you do it yourself, or just supervise said mate?

loner']

[quote name='loner said:

/quote]Um no. It\'s still in the box. But I have changed a rear caliper on the starlet, cut out 4 new brake pads for starlet from a Ford Taurus hawk pad (using awesome grinder cut-off wheel techniques), put bark chips on 3 gardens, installed garden edging, prepped one side of the house for painting, and replaced tomato\'s cambelt, waterpump and aircon belt :)

That sounds like a lot of work... but did you do it yourself, or just supervise said mate?

For cambelt and waterpump, supervised said mate and handed him tools and gave him wife\'s chocolate fudge and brownies and as much monetary compensation as he\'d allow :)

cool. I\'ve installed dual catch cans, boost controller, apexi air filter, done an oil change and some clay bar treatment over the holidays.

I\'m eager to get out and thrash it on Sunday... I went go-karting yesterday for practice :)

loner said:

cool. I\'ve installed dual catch cans, boost controller, apexi air filter, done an oil change and some clay bar treatment over the holidays.

I\'m eager to get out and thrash it on Sunday... I went go-karting yesterday for practice :)

How did you set up the cans? also raising boost or just after better control?

evowrx']

[quote name='loner said:

/quote]

How did you set up the cans? also raising boost or just after better control?

One can has 3 lines... one from the crank case, one to the PVC valve and the other to the intake. The other has two lines... one from

the tee\'d head breathers, and one to the intake.

Boost control was for better control and a bit more boost. The stock boost was spiking at 19 psi and then tapering off to 14.

I now have a solid 17 psi... not been on the dyno to check it out yet, but fingers crossed it will be ok... I have a good fuel supply anyway.

Normal set up for 2 cans then meant to be the best bet from what Ive read.

I thought stock was 16psi freeflow exhaust tho? Keen to know how it goes on dyno but should be safe. Local member wound his V6 sti up to 18psi iirc on a dyno safe as a church mouse on factory ecu. The extra boost up top wake it up a bit?