Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

nickch']

[quote name='gmeago said:

Picked up a short shift kit from Scarles Performance in Avondale..

Very reasonably priced, will report back on it's functionality once I get my gearbox replaced (fingers crossed for this weekend, readosnr..)

/quote]

it did increase the shifting force a bit..

What do you mean by this? Does it feel as though you have it throw it harder into the gear for it to engage?

Spend about 8hrs installing new headunit and speakers.

Rewired for the front speakers, had to drill holes in my car :( to fit the new front, tweeters and spilt box. as well as customize a couple of the speaker parts to fit under the door cards haha.

Need a new parcel shelf built, because who ever installed the last set of 6x9s did an awesome job of cutting the hole for them .. only they cut it too far back and the parcel shelf covers half the speakers!

Yes it a long time (there were a few breaks in there for pizza and beer). But it was the rewiring and making the fronts fit that took most the time up.

BLAZD said:

im pretty sue that would only apply to cut down sticks

a cut down stick will have the same effort to engage gears as standard...however a short shift kit with the different pivot point will make it harder for u to engage the gear

took out the last bits of sound deadning :) bought and fitted a new orange afm because the other one was fucked :( got a hks adapter as well so now I can finally thow out the apexi and put in a hks :) lol anyone wanna swap??

Guest vf20/21bg5

I set my BKR7ES-11 to -9 (0.8mm) and made sure my V9 coil overs fit properly and were mint! :D cant wait for 6 days from now!

WRXONP said:

does everyone on CS call the coil packs - coil overs?? to me thats suspension :) i know it more commonly as coil on plug

have started to notice this aswell, it seems to be a new thing i think, dont remember it from the past.

-smurff

Guest vf20/21bg5

Lol as you saw i first talked about plugs then added the coil over thang, i used the term coil over in context i may add as so there was no confusion to coil over suspension, as i did not first use suspension in context ;) big words? hope u understood :P

Guest vf20/21bg5
 JoKer said:

noy everyone just 1

coil-overs on their own are just as bad slang for adjusties once upon a time

lol google "coil overs" and the 1st thing that comes up is shocks ......gone are the days ;)

smurff']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

does everyone on CS call the coil packs - coil overs?? to me thats suspension :) i know it more commonly as coil on plug

/quote]

have started to notice this aswell, it seems to be a new thing i think, dont remember it from the past.

-smurff

lol for me its a thing of the past, we were calling them coilovers about 10 years ago, same as a blow of valve we called a dump valve...free flow exhaust, banana branches (old fords)......then again im not from these here parts of the world :P

sir_pixalot']

/quote]

-smurff

lol for me its a thing of the past, we were calling them coilovers about 10 years ago, same as a blow of valve we called a dump valve...free flow exhaust, banana branches (old fords)......then again im not from these here parts :P

have heard the bov as dump valve, never heard of a banana branches though ahahaha, very interesting.

have only ever heard coil packs as coil packs or coil on plug, never as coil over. coil over has always been suspension and has taken over for adjustable suspension.

-smurff

Guest vf20/21bg5

O M G... if you can notice that i said spark plugs and coil overs in the same sentance then you would surly get it! and i quote; I set my BKR7ES-11 to -9 (0.8mm) and made sure my V9 coil overs fit properly and were mint!........ why are you guys debating this? IT WAS ALL IN CONTEX SO SHOULD NEVER OF BEEN QUESTIONED 8).... :D :D :D :D :D

CP93MM said:

O M G... if you can notice that i said spark plugs and coil overs in the same sentance then you would surly get it! and i quote; I set my BKR7ES-11 to -9 (0.8mm) and made sure my V9 coil overs fit properly and were mint!........ why are you guys debating this? IT WAS ALL IN CONTEX SO SHOULD NEVER OF BEEN QUESTIONED 8).... :D :D :D :D :D

you did two things gaped your plus and checked your suspension, sweet :)

-smurff

Guest vf20/21bg5
 smurff']

/quote]

-smurff

lol for me its a thing of the past, we were calling them coilovers about 10 years ago, same as a blow of valve we called a dump valve...free flow exhaust, banana branches (old fords)......then again im not from these here parts :P

have heard the bov as dump valve, never heard of a banana branches though ahahaha, very interesting.

have only ever heard coil packs as coil packs or coil on plug, never as coil over. coil over has always been suspension and has taken over for adjustable suspension.

-smurff

O M G...thats all ive got to say...please google the term " context" cheers ;)

WRXONP']

im pretty sue that would only apply to cut down sticks

a cut down stick will have the same effort to engage gears as standard...however a short shift kit with the different pivot point will make it harder for u to engage the gear

Nope. You've shortened the lever so you need to apply more force at the gearknob to get the same amount down to the gearbox.

Same principle as moving the pivot point on the lever arm.

[quote name='CP93MM said:

Lol as you saw i first talked about plugs then added the coil over thang, i used the term coil over in context i may add as so there was no confusion to coil over suspension, as i did not first use suspension in context ;) big words? hope u understood :P

You are the only person on the entire internet to refer to Coil-on-Plug ignition as coilovers and it is weird to read :P

smurff']

/quote]

you did two things gaped your plus and checked your suspension, sweet :)

-smurff

+1

Guest vf20/21bg5
 smurff']

/quote]

you did two things gaped your plus and cheaked your suspension, sweet :)

-smurff

...in the same sentance.....maybe i should have said "I set my BKR7ES-11 to -9 (0.8mm) and made sure my V9 coil overs fit properly on the plugs"and were mint!........ ;)