Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

WRXONP said:

U all ways gotta argue with me be GMEAGO

Just trying to prove a point, which I have.. STI Strut Braces are lighter in weight than other one's.

No need to hate, or feel as though you're being hated on...

Maybe a belated beer at the BBQ on Saturday will alleviate your hating paranoia? lol

funkytown']

[quote name='gmeago said:

Just brought 6S ECU off TardMe ;D

Tell me - where can I find the ECU? Will need to swap it over in due course lol

/quote]

pull the carpet back out of the passenger foot well.. a big silver kick plate will present itself. Remove that plate and you find the brains. Its easy enough.

Excellent...

Will make the payment on Thursday - hopefully it'll arrive on Friday so I can report on performance gains at the Car Wash & BBQ :D

Look at a track car with a 3 point brace . Heavy wall brace with no flex wat so ever . Rigid like it should be . If your worried about the weight of your strut brace then take it off ha ha then u have a ultra light one . . . . . If it can flex when bolted in to the car then when you corner hard its just going to flex . . . . .

gmeago']

[quote name='smokn4 said:

threw a carbon fibre strut brace in today ;D

after selling off my old alloy strut bar and getn this sti one i realised how light they are when you compare them....

carbon fibre one was half the weight of my old alloy one :D

/quote]

WRXONP - evidence, as per previous discussion..?

can only get evidence if al is willing to take my old strut brace of his car and weight it as its no longer in my possesion......

but i cant tell you that the carbon fibre one was about half the weight of my old alloy one

as for you WRXONP....you must be on crack if you think that FHI's aerospace division cant make a lighter and better strut bar than them cheap chineese ones out there......SNAP! :D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah I must be on crack . Wow I must be on P . COCANE . SPEED. and every other drug under the sun according to you guys . Sheet I was only pointing out the obviously obvious . No point arguing this has gotten way off topic . Back to people posting what they did to their cars yeah . . . . . . .

smokn4']

[quote name='smokn4 said:

threw a carbon fibre strut brace in today ;D

after selling off my old alloy strut bar and getn this sti one i realised how light they are when you compare them....

carbon fibre one was half the weight of my old alloy one :D

/quote]

WRXONP - evidence, as per previous discussion..?

can only get evidence if al is willing to take my old strut brace of his car and weight it as its no longer in my possesion......

but i cant tell you that the carbon fibre one was about half the weight of my old alloy one

as for you WRXONP....you must be on crack if you think that FHI's aerospace division cant make a lighter and better strut bar than them cheap chineese ones out there......SNAP! :D :D :D :D :D

Yes I can do that at some stage, thu or fri if I remember. I have smokn4's old alloy brace and my carbonfibre brace. Need to remove cf brace from sti and weigh it. 15 min job, but getting a round to it may take longer :)

This reminds me of an old conversation ...

BC5RA said:

Strut braces for example; Most of us here, know that the Carbon strut brace found in the V3-6 STI are weak and more of a dress up than an actual rigidity adder.

... just to put a peasant amongst the Kulaks.

WRXONP said:

Back to people posting what they did to their cars yeah . . . . . . .

+1

FYI - original conversation was around the weight of strut braces, as opposed to their ability to withstand lateral forces..

dubbedup']

[quote name='Pelvin said:

Yesterday actually and part of today.

Removed seats, center console, trimming, boot lining and carpet ........ made it true RA hahaha :P

Gave her a good clean out ;) b]and customized the parcel shelf to fit the 6x9s (god its good to have a parcel shelf again, reflexion was messes up my ability to see behind me)[/b]Put it mostly back together today, just have boot to finish :)

I feel achieved :-X

[/]

[]

the bold is where ya went all wrong... ;) ;D

im impressed with ya stripping it tho..shame ya had to put it all back in[/]

Yeah, should have driving around with just the front seat back in for awhile ;)

Also under the carpet i found screws, a AAA battery, a screwdriver and $2.05

Pelvin']

[quote name='gmeago said:

That 5c will go far ;)

/quote]

Pete told me he'd never seen a 5c before .... so i kept it from him

Put it on TardMe lol