Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

keltik said:

Me, fitted a pod filter. This isn't where you post up your whole project and your life story. just maybe what you did today - Whether it be change your radio or your oil, or finally finish up a swap you've been working on. Why not post it up and let everyone know your accomplishment :D

(shamelessly stolen from SL-I forum)

Had a look at the what we have done to the legacy ben hahahaha, ready for sunday????

Shale said:

Drove the Legacy, found out it lights up the front wheels ??? when giving it a bit of stick in the wet. Need to give the radiator a feed.

Swapped it for the Impreza at lunchtime. Found out that likes to light things up in the wet too, but all four wheels. Need to get a wheel alignment.

Got a rude letter regarding the first Legacy wagon I owned; forgot to deregister it.

Considered getting the exhaust for the third Legacy I own all flanged up, but CBF.

They've changed the rules, you'll still have to pay the back rego when you go hand in the plates even within the the 12 month period.

G-unit said:

but scratches them up, have tried a soft wire brush on a small part, need something that will eat the brake dust really

Those wheels will be a pain to clean, mainly in between the spokes, where a regular brush won't get into. To do the best job you'll need to use a rag and push-pull it through from both ends.

I last used CRC wheel cleaner and it worked pretty well.

Guest boostin

BF5 - Same as every weekend. Thought about pulling the gearbox and rear diff out. Nah, CBF.

BG5 - Started it after replacing the blown engine. No intercooler fitted and AFM unplugged. Sounded ok. Gave it a rev. Spent the next 30 mins cleaning up the oil that was in the intake from the blown engine that got spread everywhere by the primary turbo. >:(

GF8 - Spent 20 mins cleaning up the oil from that too, as it was parked next to the twin turbo. >:( >:(

Brake dust: CRC. Use the spray-on one instead of the foam. The foam is brilliant, but needs a bit of manual labour. The spray eats into the crap, then will rinse off completely with a high-power hose or a spray gun (think washworld). Works FAR better than scrubbing...and doesn't strip anything.

Emptied my car yesterday...should vacuum and clean both :D

well its not my subaru, but i just finished doing a transmission and rear diff service on my EB Fairmont, also unblocked window washer squirters and got them pointing in the right direction. gave it a good interior vacuum as well. got to get a wof this week, should pass easily.

and all this with my wrx sitting right next to me, i try not to look at it too much even though its at work i see it every day, its just depressing :(

productive morning. off to find a cheap head unit now, hoping to sell or swap for another fixup car in the coming weeks.

anyone after a mint tow car?