Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

wrong wrong wrong :)

Ford transit we looked at, the seating in the rear was very narrow, and we have issues with the side door opening so we did not look in further.

Would not touch the Mazda/Ford as it is not even close to being large enough to suit a 12 seat configuration.

So we have put an order in for a 2012 Mercedes Benz 313 12 seat minibus + internal luggage... only $80k :)

Bummer, ritchies local have a bunch of the later crafters now and a few transits. Did you look at crafter?

I have only heard bad things about merc they make for bad courier vans they need something low maintenance...

VW dont do a "Factory" mini bus so would have to go to "van extras" to outfit it and they the ones who farked up the transit installs.

Mercs come with a 200,000 km warranty and 40,000 km between servicing and have heard nothing bad about them from our investgations ( talking with other operators and googling)

But you didnt check with me and im the authority on all things. ;D

Seen a lot of mercs continually blowing bulbs due to high charging voltage compared to japas.

I have no idea who kitted them out just know they are the only vehicles we dont supply service bits for as still under warranty. Im guessing them people you referred to kitted them out for them.

evowrx said:

But you didnt check with me and im the authority on all things. ;D

Seen a lot of mercs continually blowing bulbs due to high charging voltage compared to japas.

I have no idea who kitted them out just know they are the only vehicles we dont supply service bits for as still under warranty. Im guessing them people you referred to kitted them out for them.

We certainly looked into the VW as well,but with similiar money the merc was better as it came with rear AC from factory ( not aftermarket) as we need rear ac for our contracts :)

We are borg said:

wrong wrong wrong :)

Ford transit we looked at, the seating in the rear was very narrow, and we have issues with the side door opening so we did not look in further.

Would not touch the Mazda/Ford as it is not even close to being large enough to suit a 12 seat configuration.

So we have put an order in for a 2012 Mercedes Benz 313 12 seat minibus + internal luggage... only $80k :)

Hell yea. I was watchin one of Hayden Paddons pre Rally NZ blogs.

He picked up a van for his crew in Aucks, was one of those VW or Merc vans. Duuuude the farking thing was like a warehouse on wheels! You could almost hide the damn rally car in there!!!

block halves, bearings and case bolts are now at the engine machinists ;D

The halves are being line bored to adjust for the ARP case bolts being used. Also having the CDB set up to accept my rear thrust crank.

Have purchased a set of RS cam wheels and getting these machined so i can use them as adjustable cam wheels in the new donkey.

CUDDAS said:

looks like a factory BC/F-GC single turbo up-pipe

unless you're Questioning the pipe inlet/outlet sizes which look about right

have you got your one to compare it off

:)

i got one but its in the car etc

whats the measurement for a single turbo pipe ? in pipe diameter etc

funkytown said:

peow peow peow bother yer??!!! s***s going to rock your world.. big compared to vf's eh.!!!

oh yeah :) paul (mechanic) just went f*** how big is that, I did have it next to the vf28 that used to be on the car. It looks huge compared to that. Bit of a hassle with customs but its all good now ;D