Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Got home from work with a little bit of light left, so hopefully this shows how it sits in the back now. If the weathers fine this weekend i\'m gonna get better pics cause this is farken ridiculous

IMG_20130523_174601_zpse6d2d409.jpg

IMG_20130523_174852_zps2518a8a6.jpg

funkytown said:

bugle- please clarify what hubs / car / calipers you are working with

Cheers funkytown/boon (your words are probably prettier than your bum ;) I\'ll pull it all apart again in the weekend and get all the details and some pics. Bit grumpy to revisit it now

Roo said:

Got home from work with a little bit of light left, so hopefully this shows how it sits in the back now.

Man if you\'re gonna hori drift spec the cable tied bumper at least trim the thing away haha

Looks good though, anything more and it\'s getting into stupid vw stancetasticness

kwi_fozze said:

no room? what made it such a bastard of a job?

just a bastard doin the clip on the lower radiator hose bro last time i did it the radiator was out and i kinda pre tightened the hose and clip while outta the car just an awkward place to get to now I have to smell coolant that got into the heat shield on the manifold

Marky']

[quote name='Roo said:

Got home from work with a little bit of light left, so hopefully this shows how it sits in the back now.

/quote]

Man if you\'re gonna hori drift spec the cable tied bumper at least trim the thing away haha

Looks good though, anything more and it\'s getting into stupid vw stancetasticness

Nevar :P

Thanks guys for the positive feedback

I like how it is at the moment, should be doing front camber plates this weekend if I get round to machining a spacer bush at work tomorrow as I don\'t think I can put them in without those steel spacers?

Car won\'t be getting much more work from here, will pick up an ebc and a spare centre diff to weld up for rwd conversion and it will become a weekend warrior once I get the laurel and get that on the road

funkytown said:

Just want to know what parts u have, nothing you shouldnt already know??

Bog std STi 2 pots from a v7 STi wagon

0lnbWIl.jpg

I don\'t think the issue is with the calipers funkytown, calipers are calipers. I\'m picking I have some wacky JDM GGA hub/axel combo hence my desire to pull the wheel and existing caliper off and do some detective work/seek advice from those who have far more of a clue than me

if they are GGA (V7 WRX) in r160 they will bolt up... shouldnt be whacky at all. axles play no part in this btw. Agree those are bog standard 2pot rears.

did you have caliper placed against the correct side of the mount.

what is the car / brake combo from factory you\'re placing this onto?

Existing setup is whatever rotor/hub/caliper combo a turbocharged JDM v7 GGA leaves the Fuji Heavy plant with, its stock other than a few bits I\'ve bolted on in the last few months

Any pointers on where part numbers would be located would be grand, and I will check the \'sidedness\'

IMG_0961_zps44366bee.jpg

Spent hours installing the Kartboy short shifter and bushings but hooooooly crap it was all worth it.

Didn\'t realise how mushy the stock setup was. Now the throws are obviously shorter and the shifter just slots into gear. Transmission whine that I had read people complaining about online is not an issue at all... Probably because I applied heaps of lithium grease.

Get your own SS from here.

Not to put your mod down bro but I heard these can hurt your transmission same as using that Ikeya sequential changer not sure how or why

Does Anybody know if there is any ill affect on the transmission? Or are my ears getting filled with interwebs crap

Definately looks cool though I remember back in the old days we use to cut the stick short and thought that made a difference boy how dumb we were back then

On mitsis the trick is to replace the transmission end bushes with skateboard wheel bearings haha

Takes some slop out thats for sure... Could potentially be harder on gearbox if you get all Brian spilner on the changes?

evowrx']

Thats a shorter stick also isnt it? Looks sick. Price a bit :o :o

The stick is about a couple inches shorter. I\'m stoked with how it looks, always wanted a short shifter since my first car (Nissan Presea lol)

Not to put your mod down bro but I heard these can hurt your transmission same as using that Ikeya sequential changer not sure how or why

Does Anybody know if there is any ill affect on the transmission? Or are my ears getting filled with interwebs crap

[quote name='Marky said:

Could potentially be harder on gearbox if you get all Brian spilner on the changes?

I read something last night also.. The concern was that the shorter throw = shorter gear changes = not giving synchros enough time to work properly (not up-to-speed with synchro language/functions). From my understanding, as long as you aren\'t slamming the gears home at lightning speed you should be fine... Time will tell ;)