• Announcements

• 1randomkiwi

ClubSub Forum Updates   13/03/19

Important forum upgrades are coming up which may mean the www.ClubSUB.org.nz forums will be temporarily unavailable.   Check out our Official Facebook Page for more updates.   www.facebook.com/ClubSubNZ
  • Current Donation Goals

Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

22,123 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, RaKid said:

Haha good on you - so they were a local purchase on TradeMe?

Certainly were got them from Auckland area

1 person likes this

Oh man your interior is goals :o

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, boon said:

Oh man your interior is goals :o

Haha appreciate it mate

On 2/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, RaKid said:

Bloody hell - is the exhaust even on?

LOL NOPE

not staying like that, but gotta have a little fun eh ;)

Also, made a purchase this morning as I needed a new BOV. Couldn't help myself but get something a little coloruful haha

race-port-gen-v-purple-ts-0204-1133.jpg?i=-dJETfKBd23LP3qyJpBn2vh5OO5Kjwy0beUvZX964WBDGluY7dwuKimPIOErDovShGGOi5O77aUJIZ0clWzeURZfv0xls8_n0x7E5yUh_9nuaduAWep6_M5EOYpiykEOh89XT8lYrL00i1AEilXlzvHjrB6okf4mVjiE87G3YlOj-KBgUAebIhIFhZzFGg4FpsSpasChfAxC7xd0xt664WUFOaCVVNC562YtNTFuTssFSs_NffdXegk_a50Xr53T3B8vmtC8j_nr5orxj7ai8w~~

3 people like this

On 2/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, TNHSTI said:

Haha appreciate it mate

What did you do with your old steering wheel...I'm hunting for one in better condition then mine

12 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

What did you do with your old steering wheel...I'm hunting for one in better condition then mine

Still Have it was gonna chuck it up on Trademe soon PM me if u want it

On 2/12/2019 at 0:23 PM, Dairusire said:

Well, good news is good. The RA is running again after 2 years. Took a while to hunt down and fix the random niggly issues like the fuel leaks and small wiring issues that turned out to be nothing.

Its running on full e85 which is awesome. Narrowband sensor doesn't cut the mustard though as expected haha. So wideband will go in tonight, as will the fuel pressure sensor and I'll try sort ethanol content sensor too

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

That's awesome mate, so ... when is it going to a track? B|

10 minutes ago, delta said:

That's awesome mate, so ... when is it going to a track? B|

All going well, maybe March 9th haha

1 person likes this

Making a digital day/logger work raspberry pi. Can either run Android with ecu software, or rasbian with full version of tuner studio so I can actually make adjustments and setup triggered logging as my ECU has no onboard logging.5470f7741842640d513845195920b011.jpg1d66c2f131bf2f1adddc9ede1e2b847b.jpg

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

6 people like this

22 minutes ago, AdamOst said:

Making a digital day/logger work raspberry pi. Can either run Android with ecu software, or rasbian with full version of tuner studio so I can actually make adjustments and setup triggered logging as my ECU has no onboard logging.5470f7741842640d513845195920b011.jpg1d66c2f131bf2f1adddc9ede1e2b847b.jpg

Love it. Wish other ECU’s had better support for systems other than Windows..

Yeah this was nice as I already had one to test. Megasquirt 2 doesn't have onboard memory or SD card for logging so this seems like a fairly easy and cheap easy of doing it. And means I can make tuning changes if I don't have a laptop on me. Plus I can run autotune on long road trips without worrying about battery life.

I have a relay for my wideband that only powers up when the car actually starts so I'll use the same source to power this, have tuner studio auto start and connect and trigger logging over 75% tps.

I was going to just use a tablet, but when I have a tablet connected it drains the device battery super fast and it seems a pain to fine to make or buy a cable that both charges and does usb otg at the same time so this solves that.

1 person likes this

I got bored of trying to figure out what was wrong with my wiring for the link CAN lambda. $100 later I've bought CAN Wiring to plug into link to the wideband

2 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Love it. Wish other ECU’s had better support for systems other than Windows..

This looks bad-ass. I'm very limited with the logs on my G4 - do you know if I can purchase or make something like this to have infinite log storage?

13 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

I got bored of trying to figure out what was wrong with my wiring for the link CAN lambda. $100 later I've bought CAN Wiring to plug into link to the wideband

Photos!

10 minutes ago, RaKid said:

This looks bad-ass. I'm very limited with the logs on my G4 - do you know if I can purchase or make something like this to have infinite log storage

Easy. Grab a windows tablet and connect it to that. 

4 people like this

2 hours ago, RaKid said:

This looks bad-ass. I'm very limited with the logs on my G4 - do you know if I can purchase or make something like this to have infinite log storage?

Photos!

Easy peasy! 

For those who are putting in CAN stuff, I'd honestly suggest just buying these patch looms instead because honestly it makes life easier. 

Also acquired the plug and terminated loom for the Fuel pressure sensor to make things easier. 

All of this stuff can be gotten from the obvious NZEFI  but it's not hugely cheap but it saves your own time and hassle.

Oooohh and Haltech also make this as well, which I'm likely going to buy because I do expect I'll expand my range of CAN equipment. 

https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-159000-elite-can-hub-4-port-dtm-4/

HT-159000_00.JPG

NZEFI-Link-G4-Wire-in-ECU-to-CAN-Dash-Ca

NZEFI-Link-G4-G4-Dual-Device-CAN-Extensi

Pressure-Sensor-Connector-Flying-Lead.jp

SocketCAN?

Some CAN bus interface cards can have pre filters you can set so they only pass through those events that come from a select address range to the serial/USB port connected to the laptop or Pi.

7 minutes ago, Gripless said:

SocketCAN?

Some CAN bus interface cards can have pre filters you can set so they only pass through those events that come from a select address range to the serial/USB port connected to the laptop or Pi.

I wonder if it's got that, but I doubt it at it's price point. Think it's just socket.

It’s built into many can bus comms chips. It maybe something you have to connect or set via i2c or maybe a raw command.

my arduino sheild has the functionality and it was cheap

Edited by Gripless

So other than my random purchases of the day, at lunch I went down to BD Motorsport and got the blow off valve welded on! Looks blimmen good if I don't mind saying so myself. 

BK4MO6x.png

fgZAHXL.png

Also check out the size of this turbo!!! Huuuuuuge Garrett. Can literally put my whole hand in the intake it's so large.

eBU7oi7.png

dOf8vHh.png

XPvRlQN.png

Couple shots of how I've got the fuel system stacked in there. it's a bit tight and could do with some more alignment but for the time being it'll do well.

B6kSfNL.png

9Vs1vR5.png

7 people like this

On 2/18/2019 at 10:00 AM, AdamOst said:

good work, did you solve the tablet power problem ?

reminds me of

:D

10396d1369784727-fast-furious-6-image-82

I solved the tablet power problem by not using a tablet and using this instead.

Got the new wiring for the CAN stuff and installed it completely today. tried turning on, nada. 

After lots of more testing for something that should've been a 10 minute job, it turned into hours of head scratching. 

Turns out after voltage/continuity/resistance testing on the ECU side pre-terminated stuff I got isn't doing great. 

Voltage in the line 1cm before connector... 12.8V... 

Voltage at the connector terminal??? 3.3V. 

and obviously with a bunch of resistance all over the place
Oh kay then. 

Can I haz my $40+gst back now?