Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

ADIKT said:
You MUST put the spare wheel on the BACK of the vehicle and have full size wheels up front. As for the FWD switch/fuse - i never once pulled it on either of my legacys or my step mums outback.

Oh and IF there is a fuse, it will be labelled FWD - INSERT a fuse and it will disable the AWD system - a FWD light will show on dash also

There's the way of unplugging the battery to do it, which is fine but loses all your stereo settings etc

Plan B is the way where you put it in test mode and drive at 50kph for a few seconds (or something?) to make it do a self check and go oh yep I'm fine

The foot on brake thing is a bit of an old wives tale to in theory empty any capacitors with a minute charge left in them after battery gets unplugged (by brake lights coming on and draining it)

evowrx said:

Technically yes but doubtful you would ever feel the diff. Bellmouth with splitter would be the best bet unless you cant get a divided one that plumbs in down low. Splitter depth is diff between td and vf too.

i wonder if it's worth putting in mines off at the moment would have to get it welded in anyone know measurements

What size (in LPH) fuel pump am i currently running in my 95 WRX? I was told it maxes at 300hp-ish and I'm looking to buy a larger walbro one, need to know what size to get for larger hp applications. I'm wanting at least 350hp or 260kw by the time I'm finished. Just planning my future upgrades.

Edited by Suby Manic
accuracy

Suby Manic said:
What size (in LPH) fuel pump am i currently running in my 95 WRX? I was told it maxes at 300hp-ish and I'm looking to buy a larger walbro one, need to know what size to get for larger hp applications. I'm wanting at least 350hp or 260kw by the time I'm finished. Just planning my future upgrades.

I don't think the stock one will net your hear 260kw.

But a 255LPH Walbro, Aeromotive or deatschwerks should do the trick.

Be careful, I hear there are a lot of Chinese knockoffs for the Walbro and also reuse your OEM fuel sock or you'll encounter some fuel starvation issues.

Double check with Jason, but hardwire the fuel pump in with a beefier power suppler, relay and a fuse so the fuel pump is at maximum POWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Looking to get my Diff and auto fluids done, are oil changers any good? They have 2 services for the auto: 1 is full flush and replace fluids, 2 is drain and refill which only does about 30% of the fluids. Do I need a full flush? and if not would I be able to do the drain and refill myself? ( have some mechanical experience). Or is there some where better in Christchurch.

SpeedySub said:
Looking to get my Diff and auto fluids done, are oil changers any good? They have 2 services for the auto: 1 is full flush and replace fluids, 2 is drain and refill which only does about 30% of the fluids. Do I need a full flush? and if not would I be able to do the drain and refill myself? ( have some mechanical experience). Or is there some where better in Christchurch.

SAS will do it all for you.

def need it flushed . its like the only thing i have ever paid someone to do on my car . i could have got creative and a bucket and a pump / gravity and 20 litres of fluid and a mess and a couple hours its best off just to pay someone to do it

chulozumo said:
How can you tell if thermostat getting stuck? Think mine could be. How much are they and is it hard to swap em?

they are about $50 from subaru with seal.

Boil some water on stove in pot with the thermostat in there, it should open when it gets near or on boiling point.

check the seals around the opening make sure they are in tact

• Guest locked this topic