Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Had a busy day with help from john at NS Spec we installed a new race seat, 6 point harness, moved battery to rear of passenger seat, fit a isolator switch on the outside of the car at the rear, removed the factory fuel tank, made and fit two more loops for the drive shaft, made and fit a scatter shield, made and fit drip tray........ and now all i need is to add a bit more to my roll cage to turn it from half to full cage and she should be ready for a tech inspection some time next week before Nigh wars

If you have an AFM then it will become a post-afm leak, therefore will fck up the metering/fuelling the same as a half popped off intercooler hose. Having the recirc hose on negates this problem.

IF the car is MAP sensored then it gives air a slightly easier path to travel, bypassing the turbo off boost - it might save a tiny bit of gas (doubt enough to notice though). MAP sensoring (i.e a/m ecu) only sees manifold pressure, you can have all the leaks you want before the TB and it won\'t matter a bit to the ECU (well, it won\'t know about it anyway)

Im staying in waitarere beach till tomorrow, you can borrow my v7 sti valve or my adaptor plate on your tmic then you can use a stock one. (Got my spare bov with me)

or search nasioc on modding the bov with a grub screw to stop the pressure getting to the other side of the diafram

• General Member

Thanks for the offer but I have paid for a cheapo aftermarket to get it running for a warrant.

I think I will will recirc the stock one before my tune tbh, I just want to have it running next week so I can warrant it and drive it for the other few small jobs I need done and the Atmo venting one should do the job for a few weeks,

got her back together now :P so in total what i have done is

-Non ABS conversion

-Twisted turbo manifold

-Front faceing intake

-Ran intercooler pipeing under the headlights

Two weeks in my guarage after work and less than $800 its done :) ;D ;D

this is it before i started

sam7378.jpg

sam7382.jpg

This is it after

img1002so.jpg

img0996tg.jpg

img0997ojs.jpg

img0998fx.jpg

I have had to stop here as im moveing tomorrow so still need to tidy up wireing and put an exturnal wastegate on it. also will need to chop out the underside of the bonnet so i can close it and will replace the blue bends with black ( only brought as they didnt have black and i was in a rush :-X :-X :-X

If your looking to do this its rather easy and just requires time and skills on a welder or a friend :P ;D ;) ;)

evowrx said:

Awesome work love the bg sedans theyre mean sleepers maybe not on those wheels tho. :D Have you talked to a cert lad yet? Who did you get those monster length silicon bends off? Time for a garage thread dude would def follow.

Thanks dude. yea the drift teks realy don\'t do well as a sleeper rims lol this set is for sale as im wanting some 17x9.5s, will have to start one after i have moved house :) this car is still in for more mods to so should be interesting ;D ;D ;D

Will be giveing him a call next week to come make me cry or largh as he shakes his head at me. I purchased all my pipes from Pipe line on partiki dr in avondale, guys seriously know their pipe\'s and can coustom make most things for ya

got flywheel on, then clutch... couldn\'t line up the gearbox properly, so did what I knew I shouldn\'t and used the top bolts

to pull it up... it did ping into place... but think I might have damaged the spigot bearing... so took gearbox off... then clutch,

then flywheel, replaced spigot, put flywheel and clutch back on. what a douche.