Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Erelyes']

[quote name='Shale said:

Gave it an Italian Tune-up after Alex at Highbrook replaced my faulty and code-barfing knock sensor...bedded in the new brakes good and proper. Dear god...I'm never going cheap again. The new stuff is proper quality gear and the confident bite vs the ol' buttery sensation is TREMENDOUS!

/quote]

What sorta brakes did you go for

Bendix Ultimates. Took a good 6+ hot laps at Manfeild to get them anything near squishy...then it was tyre panic and/or wet conditions that sent me into the pits ;D Very, VERY happy with the pads and new rotors.

Today, I also discovered that Kamineko is right and I need to learn to double clutch. My 2nd and 3rd gear synchros are VERY unamused at me. Trying to get past muppets going 70km/h on the open road sections of SH1, particularly through Desert Rd, is downright painful when 3rd refuses to cooperate even with rev sync, and you have a single turbo Legacy hard up your arse wanting to give it stick. :o The box gave the instructor on track a bit of hell too. "Does your third always do this?" on megagraunch before the corner into the back straight...

Also. Mega +1 THANK YOU TINTIN for the tow! You are a legend :)

Shale']

[quote name='Shale said:

Gave it an Italian Tune-up after Alex at Highbrook replaced my faulty and code-barfing knock sensor...bedded in the new brakes good and proper. Dear god...I'm never going cheap again. The new stuff is proper quality gear and the confident bite vs the ol' buttery sensation is TREMENDOUS!

/quote]

What sorta brakes did you go for

Bendix Ultimates. Took a good 6+ hot laps at Manfeild to get them anything near squishy...then it was tyre panic and/or wet conditions that sent me into the pits ;D Very, VERY happy with the pads and new rotors.

Today, I also discovered that Kamineko is right and I need to learn to double clutch. My 2nd and 3rd gear synchros are VERY unamused at me. Trying to get past muppets going 70km/h on the open road sections of SH1, particularly through Desert Rd, is downright painful when 3rd refuses to cooperate even with rev sync, and you have a single turbo Legacy hard up your arse wanting to give it stick. :o The box gave the instructor on track a bit of hell too. "Does your third always do this?" on megagraunch before the corner into the back straight...

Also. Mega +1 THANK YOU TINTIN for the tow! You are a legend :)

Did u get fast enough to get the pads up to speed??

boostin']

[quote name='Shale said:

That's because all of Auckland actually knows me from a bar of soap as it were, and knows I wouldn't spout bullsh!t like that. The bullsh!t I spout is FAR more entertaining for those observing.

/quote]

Exactly. And you know waaay better than to bag someones car, whether they're there or not.

The only cars I bag are my own - because I KNOW what they are made of.

boostin said:

Top bloke. You deserve a beer. :)

Indeed. Thank you so much Madmike for showing maturity and calm not often seen in these parts, and addressing it via PM. Keen to move on from here. Next time I see you, I owe you both a drink.

And now back to what the thread was originally about :)

As for me, got home all good. Going to have to fix that steering rack, and go to the place i got my alloy radiator from and show them the lovely cracks in the welds on it. Thankfully the leak is insignifigant, drove 1500KM's this weekend and the fluid level has only dropped by say 100mls from what i can tell...

reset the computer

haha man i'd never want to say anything bad about madmike car that was some entertaining sh*t its only a car. man i love interweb fights its so comical when you think about what the other person is doing.

took the car out and drove it, actually driving it to work today.

Need to clean mine now.