Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

The Rookie said:

i think it was like 2 & a half packs but yeh tyre shine will come tomorrow on payday :) and yeh but these are just temporary until i can afford new rims. Worst part about quality things is that they always seem to cost the most :-\

Innovative use of playing cards ;D

If you have some paint left do the insides, I can see silver when looking in the spokes.

;)

Worth the trouble that is, I found the intake temp almost always hovered over 35 deg (in winter) without any ducting to the pod area even at 100kph, theres like no fresh air flow there on a suby. Putting a duct in solves that issue right away

Today I had someone come look at the car, she was keen and he was a dropkick who got obsessed over how low the coilovers could drop and if he could strip the bonnet back to bare carbon

"How much you asking?"

"7500"

"Will you do 7k cash?"

"... What else were you going to pay me with?"

Funnily enough he did not buy it however she still wants it lols

Marky said:

Worth the trouble that is, I found the intake temp almost always hovered over 35 deg (in winter) without any ducting to the pod area even at 100kph, theres like no fresh air flow there on a suby. Putting a duct in solves that issue right away

Today I had someone come look at the car, she was keen and he was a dropkick who got obsessed over how low the coilovers could drop and if he could strip the bonnet back to bare carbon

"How much you asking?"

"7500"

"Will you do 7k cash?"

"... What else were you going to pay me with?"

Funnily enough he did not buy it however she still wants it lols

What were the post results and where were you measuring the temps?

Played around with amp/subs to drop the level of bass a lil, cleaned outside, checked all the fluid levels etc, and cleaned all the silver piping under the bonnet :)

So far im living up to my new years reso to wash the car every week n not just for the monthly meets hehehe

1622230_10151895244917064_2045866130_n.j

I\'ve been replacing the trailing arm front and rear bushes... and all lateral arm bushes. I was kinda surprised to find that all four lateral

arm bushes (per side) are actually very rigid. Only the inner rear trailing arm bush has soft rubber... but it has a lot more metal in the core than the others. I hope I haven\'t wasted a lot of time and money putting whiteline stuff in there. The trailing arm bushes are definitely an

upgrade though.

runrabbit said:

Attempted to change my front bumper - V4 to V5/6. As I thought, the last bolt didn\'t want to cooperate when removing the old bumper. It won\'t screw in or out of its nut/fitting. And I dont want to bust the bumper.

Off to buy a hacksaw tmrw. ::)

will be doing my conversion in the coming weeks.

Is it a straight swap?

I\'m going from v4.

I have bumper, crystal headlights and matching grill.

Is there anything else I need?

ADIKT']

[quote name='runrabbit said:

Attempted to change my front bumper - V4 to V5/6. As I thought, the last bolt didn\'t want to cooperate when removing the old bumper. It won\'t screw in or out of its nut/fitting. And I dont want to bust the bumper.

Off to buy a hacksaw tmrw. ::)

/quote]will be doing my conversion in the coming weeks.

Is it a straight swap?

I\'m going from v4.

I have bumper, crystal headlights and matching grill.

Is there anything else I need?

You should be sweet. Only thing i have noticed is the new bumper has less (about half the number of) factory drilled holes in it. And try to preserve the plastic clips - they are brittle. Removing bumper shouldn\'t be an issue (hacksaw on stand-by), and sounds like you have all the parts. gl.

Drove it for the first time since new years :) last time it got driven it was diesel with a slipping auto trans. Now petrol turbo manual. Great success!

Still niggly bits to tidy up now

Lol need to seal trans tunnel, got a bit smelly when i started to boost