Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

boon']

[quote name='QRAF said:

really got to stop making stupid impulse buys for my car who spends $60 on some sti pedals just for the clutch pedal. :P

also bought a new fuse holder and 200amp fuse for it then some 0g reducers to 4g to fit the fuse for $62 from jaycar not sure if that was good or not but have the receipt also bought 7m red an 5m black of 0 gauge 5843 strands for $240 just to have some spare ;D from a friend not sure if thats good price either and i\'m looking at a soundstream box this weekend as no one has cheap boxes in hamilton.

thinking i might need some terminals to come to think of it.

/quote]

Don\'t you dare put a bloody DD3512 on 2.5kw in a prefab Soundstream box. What a disgusting idea.

well we didn\'t as the box wasn\'t even a soundstream box looking at another one tonight or tomorrow morning.

evowrx']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

Nothing like inhaling carbon monoxide aye. ::)

/quote]

No fumes with the windows up as cabin is well sealed :) not driving it again until i have an exhaust, i don\'t really like it without one

You can\'t smell carbon monoxide.

Isnt that a little illegal as in completely illegal/pink sticker? Arent those the air con pipes directly behind it?

Lol air con

hijacka said:

No heater either Roo, at least your turbo exh gases will legs warm in winter :D

Lol no heater yet, need to formulate a plan re the heater since most the heater control actuators have packed up :/

QRAF']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Easy way out - get Logan to build you a good one?

/quote]for how much tho an in Hamilton?

you can download a sub box program where you enter the specs of what the sub requires in the manual and the space you putting it into and the thickness of the wood you will be using and it will tell you the final dimension for the box

one called winisd sub box designer which i think is still free

a payed program called BassBox Pro

will most probably be more expensive to make than to buy one of those prefabbed ones but the custom one you or somebody you know is good with basic carpentry would be stronger and made to spec for that particular sub and should sound better but as everybodys ears are different some might not tell the difference between a custom box to a prefabbed one just like the difference between an mp3 to cd or dvd-audio

all you need is a screw driver, some screws, no more nails(i didnt use this i used one that creates a rubber seal for vibrations, jigsaw to cut hole for sub and mdf wood(i brought some 18mm mdf from bunnings and got them to cut it on the saw to my peices so all that required was to glue and screw it together.

also if you going for a ported box than a sealed one have a look at those programs as i think they might be able to do them as well but probably be a bit more involved in the construction and maybe best left to a pro custom box builder for ported boxes or get a prefabbed ported one

you could use the program to get your measurements so you can figure how much wood you\'ll require then you could price all the materials from an hardware store and have a ruff idea on how much it wiill cost to make one excluding the price if you pay somebody to make it for you

• Admin
 QRAF']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Easy way out - get Logan to build you a good one?

/quote]for how much tho an in Hamilton?

I can give you a design with all the dimensions and stuff, you just have to get the MDF cut to size and glue + screw it together.

Or get a kitchen cabnitry place to make it up for you. There\'s one in Wellington, I give them a couple of Sketchup diagrams and $100 and I get back a box that is millimetre perfect. Kinda mates rates though.

• Admin
 BUGEYESTI']

[quote name='BUGEYESTI said:

Haha I got the phonecall about that, and heard you saved the day eh lol ;)

/quote]

I don\'t think that 1x packet of \'\'Roadies\'\' would have lasted them long if they broke down lol, Wonder if they made the ferry in time?

Uhhh I didnt hear that they missed it! So I would assume they made it, hope so anyway.

Yeah, it was Myself who got that Diff changed. Cheers so much for that Hijacka.

Also we did make the ferry... I\'ll be quite honest with you... I was very \'lucky\' I got there on time...

Dairusire']

[quote name='BUGEYESTI said:

Haha I got the phonecall about that, and heard you saved the day eh lol ;)

/quote]

I don\'t think that 1x packet of \'\'Roadies\'\' would have lasted them long if they broke down lol, Wonder if they made the ferry in time?

Uhhh I didnt hear that they missed it! So I would assume they made it, hope so anyway.

Yeah, it was Myself who got that Diff changed. Cheers so much for that Hijacka.

Also we did make the ferry... I\'ll be quite honest with you... I was very \'lucky\' I got there on time...

No worries dude good to hear you and the car made it, good luck with your new car :)

BTW: If you every get sick of those ugly white Lamco gauges feel free to send them my ways ;)

I bought a runabout/commuter thing

IMAG0047_BURST001_zpsuxqqqqyn.jpg

Spoiler alert, its not very exciting but seems to be good value, one of those ralliart turbo cedia wagons, did 220kms to 13l gas (just under 6l/100km woo) and handles nice enough. Will see how long before it blows up which they are apparently keen on doing, will put a decent intercooler on it to hopefully delay that happening too fast but otherwise seems a good little wagon. V7 sti wagon was on the cards but this was dirt cheap and immaculate

Yep, just a little fwd thing. Apparently its like 10:1 compression, 6psi and crossed fingers haha. I do 140km a day so needed something economical to rack up the kms in, but didnt want something nana spec... So I went for bastard random model spec

Got it for 4500 with 150ish kms, so figured I cant go wrong. I like the look of it, some wheels and some low and itll look alright I reckshon. Purely just a daily I wont hate and wont devalue like hell with the kays I do. Interior is nice, all fake carbon and stuff like an evo 7. I used to think they were a bit of a sad effort but see the merit in it now

Or im just getting old

IMAG0045_zps572tg3co.jpg

Soon as I dont have the massive commute itll get turfed for something decent mind you

Removed cheap chinese MAF sensor cos it was shonky.

Did an ECU reset on the fly at a friends place after re-fitting original good sensor....then realized it was a dumb idea cos the WIFI-IPAD ELM interface thingy cant tweak my idle...so limped home idling at around 650rpm at the lights (hose10 mod limitation...)

Got home, plugged in laptop and tweaked idle and pulled 2 degrees of timing.

Adjusted duty cycle (increased) of EBC and went for a run....performance has somewhat improved with the timing/EBC tweaks 😎

B4_685 via Tapatalk HD

B4_685 via Tapatalk HD