Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

boon said:
Out of interest, would a powdercoated radiator still cool worth a ****? Or would it basically defeat the purpose?

It seems to sit nicely aroubd 85ish, havnt driven it hard but think it would just heat soak in traffic then cool when moving.

Got the wrx a wof/reg yesterday. Next up dccd, then a tune. Then thrash the **** at any and every event i can.

I finally got round to doing my oil change. Was the easiest and quickest change Ive ever done. I also took off the torque box and swapped it with the other type of hose with out the box, for $4.00 from pickapart I thought I would see if there's any difference.

Need to put something for scale on them, they all look pretty healthy

I spent time going for a drive after getting front mount fitted to the airtrek, having a pipe go "phut" off, bend a lip onto the offending pipe, repeat X a couple attempts. Painful. Marked difference to the car though, holds boost to redline where it used to fall over and no knock on 17psi - ish on a 28deg day, double win wooo - no idea why they even made them with a top mount in the first place (other than an excuse to put a bonnet scoop on it?)

Not today; but on friday I got started on the downpipe for the legacy; most of the midpipe done; slow process being that no mig wire at home and have to use the old mans bosses mig; will probably have it finished by next week while the wrx is getting panelled and painted YAY.

Turns out I can actually weld okay when using gas(as opposed to gasless welding) and it's set hot enough :P

Angle grinder gave me a hug- luckily it was the wire buff- bounced off the flange as I was cleaning it up and boom shirt bound up titty got scratched and the grinder started smoking...

note to self don't wear running shirts while grinding.

Found a v5/6 bumper for an absolute steal! Pay for it today and organise a courier this week.

a few more things before I send her away for a re-spray

22b vents

install roof scoop

purchase sti front lip and find some spotlight covers

• Admin
 DacerX said:
got gearbox oil all throw the back of my car and now it stinks

had to strip out all carpet out and clean it and it still stinks. So time to find new carpet.....ya

Yeah I had a DCCD box tip over in the back of my daily and poured oil out the output shaft... even like 3 cans of degreaser and brake-clean later, it took about a year to stop smelling.

At least I don't have to worry about anything of the panels in the boot rusting... nice thin coat of oil on it all...

Took off standard intake hose and put torque box back on, with a slightly modified intake hose to take out the horrible restriction at the first bend. Interesting note (at least to me) with torque box and non modified hose would only rev to 5600 with foot flat, with standard intake hose (without torque box) it would rev to 6000 with foot flat but noticeable loss in low end feel, with torque box on and modified hose it will rev to 6500 and feels good right through rev range.

Yeah- but the speedo reads more accurate with these than the 16's (even though same rolling diameter- must be differences because of sidewall squish) Or should I go for the widened steelies look? haha.

Also- legacy looks way better with the gold 16's than these wheels.

Maybe get these powdercoated gold- or locate some gold plastidip :P