Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Pulled out the DAS6 random orbital polisher and gave it a full machine cut and polish. After using Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax for the last couple of months, the convenience of the stuff is really starting to lose out to the annoying holograms and tiny scratches it leaves. All gone now!

polished.jpg

polished2.jpg

Purchased a lot of things;

- Clutch assy and linkage for manual conversion

- Gaskets intake manifold/exhaust manifold and piping

- silicone v6 under manifold intake

- new 10mm oil pump

- silicone radiator hoses

- lightweight crank and accessory pulleys

- 1000lb engine stand

Getting excited to finally start on the build

I decided the factory turbo to intercooler hoses needed to go as one was cracked anyway, so some silicone ones arrived on my desk at work on Friday, thanks to Speedfactor!

5XW4JXz.jpg

So today being all sunny and stuff, the time had come to fit them, and clean out the PCV valve under the throttle body while it was accessible.

imzo2U6.jpg

The assistant seemed a little slack on it...

bUYSYuO.jpg

Intercooler came of relatively easily

3ThCozi.jpg

Then the trouble started!

Trying to get the hoses off the PCV valve, the 3way fitting thing coming out of the block fell apart, those 230k k's had taken their toll on the plastic.

And then the hose that goes from the block to the 3way fitting actually split when I was getting the clamp off it, so it was obviously past its use by date!

Long story short, a trip to Supercheap, and some radiator hose and a brass fitting later its all ghetto'd back together, and the PCV valve is clean finally.

No pictures of this bit, to much swearing, and the phone didn't like the sunlight of the couple I tried to take!

All back and running, with extra blueness!:cool:

03SasUj.jpg

Seems to go a bit better, in the short blat around the block, and is in less risk of leaking boost and oil everywhere!:D

Well the track gc8 car is finally completed, sussing out transport up here and need to sort out storage hopefully in Pukekohe so I have a minimum mission to get my car to and from the track...otherwise I'll suss something round Albany ways so I can drive it from time to time through Mcdonalds drive thru :P.

Once up just get it tuned and Bam ready for some racing ;)

well on the weekend; My car ate a bird.

10989103_10203582146663199_8264180327671

and I also changed A members cambelt waterpump blah blah and while we were at it did a snorkelectomy too.

subaru nelson has the good deals on parts $578 for the whole kit with waterpump and cam seals.

Successful weekend

• Admin

Wound down the window, reversed out of the garage, gave it a decent stropping out to Makara Beach (Welly folk will know).

Checked out the boat ramp for future fishing adventures - will require Hilux for launching, BP Outback not gonna cut it at the moment.

Caned it back over the hill.

Stuck it back in the garage.

Smile = yes.

Picked it up last night. Had another look around today to see what I need for it, exterior only needs a grille and driving lights, interior a rear seatbelt and some bulbs. I guess technically tyres as well but those can wait. Engine bay needs the most attention, just hoping that when we put the cambelt back on there aren't any bent valves.

n3ajC5A.jpg