Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

Recommended Posts

interesting outbacks

 

once upon a time ...

 

15gqc76.jpg

 

 

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, willisnz said:

2.5 turbo.

So you finally got your turbo engine :)

I find it really interesting how people are embracing turbo engines in NZ while most people I know in Europe consider that it's a regression and manufacturers are forced to go this way because of emission regulations.

Interested by your feedback on the car later on anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

I bet there will be even more 5th gen owners even though a year or so ago everyone was hating them :D 

 

It's because none of us had seen a nice one till you got yours:p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got the hate like the look better than my old BH wagon. They are popular in states and a few mods and they look good. Go bloody sweet too for a wagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Never got the hate like the look better than my old BH wagon. They are popular in states and a few mods and they look good. Go bloody sweet too for a wagon.

 

You should join club.liberty.asn.au fb page - boat/maritime jokes are endless :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a soft spot for BP spec b wagons. Probably why they are relatively expensive.

 

I think a base spec BR looks worse than a base spec BP,which may be what drives some of the hate.

 

It does feel boat like relative to my BP,both in terms of width and handling. Think I might need a rear sway bar upgrade...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, delta said:

So you finally got your turbo engine :)

I find it really interesting how people are embracing turbo engines in NZ while most people I know in Europe consider that it's a regression and manufacturers are forced to go this way because of emission regulations.

Interested by your feedback on the car later on anyway.

 

I wonder how much of NZ's love of turbos is drive by the fact that we import do many cars from Japan?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My BMF is definitely larger, heavier and more 'boaty' feeling than my BEE was.

More power too though ;)

 

I imagine they can be made to handle very well though. A touch of anti-roll, bracing and lowering the centre of gravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, willisnz said:

 

I wonder how much of NZ's love of turbos is drive by the fact that we import do many cars from Japan?

Could be related indeed :)

I don't know much about Japan but looks like they really like turbos as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally utilised the towbar for something other than destroying my shins...

 

38406245554_00da507ed8_b.jpg

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JGM said:

Finally utilised the towbar for something other than destroying my shins...

 

Looks like you need a lowered trailer to match

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 0:53 PM, Technikhaus said:

 

That was a quick sale!

Is the new owner on here at all?

I had a deposit on it by the end of the day of posting. Had 3 contact me in 2 days. One was from Australia! 

Not sure if he's on here but is going to continue restoring it 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had a deposit on it by the end of the day of posting. Had 3 contact me in 2 days. One was from Australia! 
Not sure if he's on here but is going to continue restoring it
I'm glad it'll be looked after!
Took me almost 2 months to sell it! Great to know that they're still wanted though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to the panel beaters just as they were closing up. 

 

Grabbed the car and headed home. Door not closed light on dash, interior light going. Hmmm ok.

 

Got her home. List as follows:

 

Bumper not blended into surrounding panels. 

Boot not blended

Wings (both upper and lower) not painted or blended. 

One of my (nearly new) gas struts has been replaced with an old one that's covered in grease 

Mudflaps over tightened, forcing the spacer through the flap.

Sti and impreza badges not reinstalled.

I had to adjust Boot latch to hold the boot closed and the door open light off.

 

This, on top of the unprofessional and rude attitude of the management staff and the fact that a 3 day repair took 7. 

 

Going to be ringing insurance company tomorrow.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Got to the panel beaters just as they were closing up. 

 

Grabbed the car and headed home. Door not closed light on dash, interior light going. Hmmm ok.

 

Got her home. List as follows:

 

Bumper not blended into surrounding panels. 

Boot not blended

Wings (both upper and lower) not painted or blended. 

One of my (nearly new) gas struts has been replaced with an old one that's covered in grease 

Mudflaps over tightened, forcing the spacer through the flap.

Sti and impreza badges not reinstalled.

Boot latch adjusted to hold the boot closed and the door open light off.

 

This, on top of the unprofessional and rude attitude of the management staff and the fact that a 3 day repair took 7. 

 

Going to be ringing insurance company tomorrow.

Thats appalling!!!

 

I work with panel shops as a auto glazier and the attitude some of them has is disgusting. Get your insurance to kick there arse thats bloody slack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Westy177 said:

Thats appalling!!!

 

I work with panel shops as a auto glazier and the attitude some of them has is disgusting. Get your insurance to kick there arse thats bloody slack.

I'm at 9 weeks for this saga, starting with a stroppy islander and a hit and run just before flatnats. 

 

That and State insurance are spectacularly unhelpful about it all. Ugh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Got to the panel beaters just as they were closing up. 

 

Grabbed the car and headed home. Door not closed light on dash, interior light going. Hmmm ok.

 

Got her home. List as follows:

 

Bumper not blended into surrounding panels. 

Boot not blended

Wings (both upper and lower) not painted or blended. 

One of my (nearly new) gas struts has been replaced with an old one that's covered in grease 

Mudflaps over tightened, forcing the spacer through the flap.

Sti and impreza badges not reinstalled.

Boot latch adjusted to hold the boot closed and the door open light off.

 

This, on top of the unprofessional and rude attitude of the management staff and the fact that a 3 day repair took 7. 

 

Going to be ringing insurance company tomorrow.

That is super sloppy man,I have had this with a shop in porirua wellington TWICE when insurance has taken car to them has come back with bits missing, paint not colour matched, runs etc. 

 

When you call back just refuse to take your car back to them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.