Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Timmah']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Car did 212km to just under half a tank according to the needle, filled up as I\'m headed away tomorrow. 27L and full.

Fuel tank is 45? Does that sound okay for just town driving? AFM and o2 are just over a month or two old.

/quote]

Are the wagon tanks 45l?

I think so, tbh I actually know if it\'s 45, 50 or bigger... from lower than E to full was 45L for me.

EDIT: Quick Google is suggesting 60L hmmm.

You mean full as in you dribble it in so it doesnt froth till you can see the fuel? I always thought they were 60l but theres a lot of gas under empty and above full in a tank.

• Admin

Has anyone seen one of these before. The internet just links the model number to a whole load of Asian sites i can\'t read but one says its a GPS antenna.

Assume its for a headunit the car used to have that had GPS as i guess an alarm one wouldn\'t be put in a spot so easy to rip out.

fr_771_size400_zps1846652c.jpg

fr_765_size400_zps10634713.jpg

• Admin
 Andy_Mac said:

Has anyone seen one of these before. The internet just links the model number to a whole load of Asian sites i can\'t read but one says its a GPS antenna.

Assume its for a headunit the car used to have that had GPS as i guess an alarm one wouldn\'t be put in a spot so easy to rip out.

Yup, just a nav gps receiver.

Johnnynz said:

Where is the incar fusebox in a 98 WRX? Pretty sure I popped the radio fuse swapping the stereo but cant find the darn box.

There\'s one in the engine bay above the battery and should be another in the drivers side footwell. In a tight spot to get to.

• General Member
 Timmah']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Where is the incar fusebox in a 98 WRX? Pretty sure I popped the radio fuse swapping the stereo but cant find the darn box.

/quote]

There\'s one in the engine bay above the battery and should be another in the drivers side footwell. In a tight spot to get to.

Yup not the engine bay one, I cant find the drivers footwell one...

- Edit - Just found it, pull coin tray hard and it pops out to reveal fuses. Cheers.

Johnnynz']

/quote]

- Edit - Just found it, pull coin tray hard and it pops out to reveal fuses. Cheers.

Not the one in the back of stereo?

• General Member
 evowrx']

/quote]

Not the one in the back of stereo?

Nah it was the one under the dash. All sorted now :)

Google cant help, maybe a car forum can

Moved house, my wifi still thinks it is in christchurch and it messes up my phone gps anytime i need to start from home (new city, very lost)

Is there a way i can "manually" change the address my wireless thinks it is at? I cant find a thing apart from "it might fix itself at random one day"

Was wondering if there would be some power loss if the splitter on my divorced down pipe is to short and isnt touching the turbo exhaust housing wall.i have a vf23 and im using a 24mm long splitter but have heard the vf turbos require a 27mm long splitter.would i lose some back pressure with the 3mm gap.any experiences?

ok thanks for that.i know having back pressure is a bad thing in most cases but when i put my foot down at 50km in 5th gear it seems like its not holding pressure and and is real laggy till 3000rpm then builds boost..will update later though

sti555 said:

ok thanks for that.i know having back pressure is a bad thing in most cases but when i put my foot down at 50km in 5th gear it seems like its not holding pressure and and is real laggy till 3000rpm then builds boost..will update later though

sorry i was talking about Exhaust Gas back pressure post turbine where the divider is. If you are taking about pre turbine pressure, and or boost threshold, and genuine lag these are related but different systems.

Marky said:

Google cant help, maybe a car forum can

Moved house, my wifi still thinks it is in christchurch and it messes up my phone gps anytime i need to start from home (new city, very lost)

Is there a way i can "manually" change the address my wireless thinks it is at? I cant find a thing apart from "it might fix itself at random one day"

You\'d probably need to change the SSID, i\'d try that first and see if it\'s using the old location due to the google maps sweep that did last

ADIKT said:

got a can of AFM cleaner.

How much do I use? surely not the whole can?

A good healthy dose o spray on afm all over

Be generous but don\'t pool it at one spot

And then let dry and the use

Pretty much how I always do

Theres a 2 pin hitachi I think and a 3 pin mitzi. Dont quote me on the makes its been a while but Im fairly sure. My V5 had 3 pin early -V2 or V4 was 2 pin I believe.

Dont think you can buy an adaptor as other pin does something demo can probably tell you I dont have access to the programs anymore.

• Guest locked this topic