• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Marky said:

Get new springs / get those ones compressed

Get an angle grinder

Get some fat mates to sit in the back

1. Should of really thought more on that one. Would WRX Wagon lowering springs be alight on Legacy Bilsteins? Or would they cause them to bottom out?

2. I have class.

3. Being on a restricted means my fat friends are walking more and now don\'t weigh much.

bg5 remote entry . i know its not the best with its infrared setup . but its better than none . the board in my key is buggered beyond repair . anyone know where to get a replacement ? i see blank keys on trade em but no internals

Guest hate-evoz

Hey all, does anyone know if I need this Wide Angle Damper Disc to be in a clutck kit for my GDA 5 speed WRX Bug eye?

dumb question will a 1.3bar radiator cap do anything bad compared to my 0.9 bar factory one?

just means more pressure doesn\'t it?

I think i might go back to my 0.9 bar one as reading on google it sounds like i don\'t have an good enough thermostat and my water is boiling out my overflow does this make since.

I just liked the shiny chrome sti one, sigh.

QRAF said:

dumb question will a 1.3bar radiator cap do anything bad compared to my 0.9 bar factory one?

just means more pressure doesn\'t it?

I think i might go back to my 0.9 bar one as reading on google it sounds like i don\'t have an good enough thermostat and my water is boiling out my overflow does this make since.

I just liked the shiny chrome sti one, sigh.

a 1.3 bar cap will increase the temp of the water before it boils,

a 0.9 =13 psi = about 113 degrees c ( it is approx 1psi for a degree increase in boiling temp)

so a 1.3 =19= about 119 degrees c before water boils.

it will also increase the pressure in the system obviously so if you have a dodgy headgasket/radiator/heater core/hoses then you could develop or increase a leak

ok my car was just driving like poos so i checked it over and found the header tank was down a bit 2Liters later i can\'t see any leak.

its the only thing i can think of is that its the cap as thats the only thing i\'ve changed recently. .

• General Member

Small leak somewhere? All radiator hoses tight?

I was losing quite a large amount of water through a slightly loose radiator botton hose and it was never showing on the garage floor just evaporating in the engine bay.

Johnnynz said:

Small leak somewhere? All radiator hoses tight?

I was losing quite a large amount of water through a slightly loose radiator botton hose and it was never showing on the garage floor just evaporating in the engine bay.

not that i can see i need to take it for a good drive me thinks to heat it up.

I might just swap my cap with a wrx one from subroo

Johnnynz said:

Reason it took me so long to find mine was it wasnt leaking much if at all on long drives. Only on short trips to the shops etc.

i only take my car to and from work so 10min drive each way i\'ll check it over when i get home before i change caps.

Car has gotten a bit surgey with a bit of throttle when still warming up ish - like after a couple mins it comes right, get babied when cold but more it has this period it\'s a bit average then sorts it\'s sh1t out.

First place to look? Not afm related - I have two and both do the same thing - not plugs I just did them a fortnight ago to try an eliminate it

O2 sensor? Leak after afm somewhere sealing up with heat? Gremlin living under bonnet? No codes present and gets ecu reset pretty often

• Admin

Check that the throttle body is closing completely. Try cleaning out the butterfly and the pipe around it. My V7 had some grimey shit in there and the small air leak was causing the idle control to go bananas.

Marky said:

Car has gotten a bit surgey with a bit of throttle when still warming up ish - like after a couple mins it comes right, get babied when cold but more it has this period it\'s a bit average then sorts it\'s sh1t out.

First place to look? Not afm related - I have two and both do the same thing - not plugs I just did them a fortnight ago to try an eliminate it

O2 sensor? Leak after afm somewhere sealing up with heat? Gremlin living under bonnet? No codes present and gets ecu reset pretty often

the correct answer is " its a subaru . they do these things ." has worked for everything so far

I unplug the battery whenever I work on things... Had a few incidents over the years and am now very paranoid haha

It\'s pissing me off - I had the thing running smooth as a smooth thing (was trying to think of something crafty but... Nope) and its just gradually developed this all by itself

I blame Obama

• Guest locked this topic