Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, definitely not... All that page is saying is that you\'re using your GPU to run the proprietary physX accelerator. Both your intel chip and nvidia chip can output to both VGA and HDMI.

Also, +1 respect for WoT. But -1 for LoL

aim said:

Lol, definitely not... All that page is saying is that you\'re using your GPU to run the proprietary physX accelerator. Both your intel chip and nvidia chip can output to both VGA and HDMI.

Also, +1 respect for WoT. But -1 for LoL

I quit LoL if it\'s any consolation, :D

Thanks though.

i like red line shock proof . light weight .

coolant is coolant . chances are it will fall out of the car well before its reached the end of its usefull life .

make sure you are confident at your water filling / bleeding before messing with it tho

lachlan said:

coolant is coolant . chances are it will fall out of the car well before its reached the end of its usefull life .

make sure you are confident at your water filling / bleeding before messing with it tho

Thanks. I don\'t suppose there is a gearbox oil that isn\'t quite as expensive that will be all good?

Also does it matter from going semi-synthetic to full synthetic oil for a gearbox?

Timmah']

[quote name='lachlan said:

/quote]

Thanks. I don\'t suppose there is a gearbox oil that isn\'t quite as expensive that will be all good?

Also does it matter from going semi-synthetic to full synthetic oil for a gearbox?

Just get a full syn GL5 75W90 or 80W90. Repco stuff is rebranded penrite just get that screw them for a deal. 4L for box by memory and do the rear diff with LSD oil coz fuck knows when it was last done.

• Admin
 Andy_Mac said:

Can normal car speakers be run in a bridged setup?, got some annoying 90w components that i\'m struggling to find an amp for that doesn\'t cost a fortune

Ignore the power rating, run whatever you like to them.

And just to make sure we\'re clear, can you explain what you\'re meaning by a bridged setup? If you mean taking a 4-channel amp and bridging 2 channels to each speaker, sure, as long as they\'re regular old 4 ohm components and the amp is 2 ohm stable.

• General Member
 evowrx']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Ah cool, Redline performance seem to be selling them really cheap. Not sure if there new or not but if they are seems a better idea than continuously buying used VF series.

/quote]

Those ones they did have were mgp or similar ex ching land. Bit different if it was a gen mhi chra or similar.

http://www.mgpracing.cn/products.asp?id=3

Ahh that explains the price I guess.

I\'m hoping what I have will last till early-mid next year and I\'m hoping to grab something fairly upmarket stock location. Just waiting to see if I get a contract extension with work.

I think my current VF22 is ok, still works fine and no smoke but its gotten noisey fast. I\'m gonna try a different oil I think. this is the second turbo thats gone from quiet to noisey quite quick on this oil.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Ah cool, Redline performance seem to be selling them really cheap. Not sure if there new or not but if they are seems a better idea than continuously buying used VF series.

/quote]

Those ones they did have were mgp or similar ex ching land. Bit different if it was a gen mhi chra or similar.

http://www.mgpracing.cn/products.asp?id=3

Ahh that explains the price I guess.

I\'m hoping what I have will last till early-mid next year and I\'m hoping to grab something fairly upmarket stock location. Just waiting to see if I get a contract extension with work.

I think my current VF22 is ok, still works fine and no smoke but its gotten noisey fast. I\'m gonna try a different oil I think. this is the second turbo thats gone from quiet to noisey quite quick on this oil.

Dude I know used to work there said they had a mixed bag with the TD06 of that variety. Would make late 200wkw but some did have issues iirc.

Just get ceramics thrown in it? Not that you need quicker spool but the VF have more in them than 440cc injectors do and it would make it a whole lot more reliable.

Trya 10W30 see how you find it wouldnt have thought it would massively effect it tho. Did have a customer last week come back after oil changing with agip hes in 5th now up a steep grade as opposed to 4th. First young dude Ive heard say it but all the old mech swear it lowers temps, better economy, less noise, oil usage dries up etc.

Worth noting Possum ran 10W30 over 10W40 in his cars back in the 90\'s according to the ex bp oil chemist we use nationally. Said it revved better with less issues.

If oil pressures good dw but maybe running feed from oil filter block or main gallery would work better?

...and have to ask what oil are you running?

• Guest locked this topic