Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Guest boostcut

yes there is paperwork to back this up. its under frontal impact...

anything on the front of a car that will hurt someone more than the original bumper etc will need to be certed.

i know it sounds stupid, but its the law. if you run into someone at an intesection with your frontmount hanging out you could turn them to mince.

same applies to putting scoops on, along with gauges on the bonnet etc

boostcut said:

anything on the front of a car that will hurt someone more than the original bumper etc will need to be certed.

i know it sounds stupid, but its the law. if you run into someone at an intesection with your frontmount hanging out you could turn them to mince.

yea i think its around the lines of safety....remember a cop pulling a m8 up (i was a passenger) and the reason was so cop could have a good close up look at his fmic and c if any modifications were hazardous. but needing to have a cert :o u still get away with it tho...guess it will only be uptight ***ts that will do u for not having a cert

as far as i was aware, a front mount as only illegal if you had no bumper around it / it suck out from the bumper... im not going to worry about any of this until i actually get pulled over and ticketed for it.

if u dont like that - i dont care, just seems your out to be negative to everyone / everything on these forums lately...

i have no CS stickers on my car for a reason, worst comes to worst i still have my factory top mount if i need to put it back on at any stage.

amazing how yet again, sum1 has a problem with something ive done!!

boostcut said:

well i asked the cert guy to put it on my cert plate.. (note i am pre airbag also). cert guy asked ltsa or vtnz or who ever the hell put the plates together, and it came back with no "FMIC" on the plate..

i go "wtf".. and we have a phone call with the plate issuer (not my cert guy) and they said there is no need to have it on the plate..

for my own safety and legality i got it put on the peice of paper that now lives in my glove box.

Not saying your wrong adam but this is my own experience about 1 month previous. Can you flick me the written down rules so i can hvae a read.

I got my car up on axle stands, going to do all the under car jobs today, replace front arm and swaybar and links, replace the strap that runs under my fuel tank, and heat wrap the bottom section of my downpipe again.

But then the mrs came to the workshop and offered me "a favor for a favor" ;) while she went into town, so vacuumed the house, waiting on her to return.... then i'll get back into it haha

CMPLSV said:

as far as i was aware, a front mount as only illegal if you had no bumper around it / it suck out from the bumper... im not going to worry about any of this until i actually get pulled over and ticketed for it.

if u dont like that - i dont care, just seems your out to be negative to everyone / everything on these forums lately...

i have no CS stickers on my car for a reason, worst comes to worst i still have my factory top mount if i need to put it back on at any stage.

yet again someone tries to help you and you take it negatively.

Time to grow up and learn to take constructive dialogue for what it is Becca.

ODB']

[quote name='CMPLSV said:

/quote]

if he was helping me, he would have given me the info i asked for instead of rattling on about how i was wrong for 5 posts...

funky has now asked for the info too - i wonder if boostcut will now supply the info he apparently has which is what i asked for in the beginning and am yet to receive???

at the end of the day ross, its none of ur business... go do sumthing constructive like looking after ur kid and stop trying to egg me on into arguing with you... end.

CMPLSV']

[quote name='CMPLSV said:

/quote]

if he was helping me, he would have given me the info i asked for instead of rattling on about how i was wrong for 5 posts...

funky has now asked for the info too - i wonder if boostcut will now supply the info he apparently has which is what i asked for in the beginning and am yet to receive???

at the end of the day ross, its none of ur business... go do sumthing constructive like looking after ur kid and stop trying to egg me on into arguing with you... end.

Seriously do you want Boostcut to hold your hand all your life???

He has told you it is in the frontal impact legislation. Surely you have enough gumption to go and research this yourself and make your decision from there?

Im not trying to egg you on at all.

You will probably get away with not having a cert for a FMI but if someone wants to be a prick about it or you are driving like a cock then you will get pinged for it.

Personally id rather have it on a cert and be sweet but at the end of the day its your call.

We can but provide you with the information and show you where to look. Whether you choose to follow the advice given or to wallow in your own negativity well its your call again!

Cheers

zarnah']

[quote name='GNEDEF said:

Regarding the FMIC...she purchased her kit from redline as stated s]below [/s] above and im guessin its 300x600

in relation to "fitting"..in my own opinion. im sure that all kits arent a str8 bolt on like the sellers say they are. i mean there definitely has to be a bit of cutting or some sh1t to make it fit. unless u were to custom make the piping then thats a different story,.

nehow pics of me gauges as requested:

62253_154643781224604_100000369493955_35

62438_154643741224608_100000369493955_35

why do people do this? so now you have no heater/aircon etc, cant even defrost/defog your windscreen?

i have also done this....but i relocated my heater controls so mine still works ;D just got no air con as that was removed for future mods....

i wacked a can of upper engine cleaner in the wrx today.....its good sh!t :D

ODB said:

looks quite good.

Have you angled them so they face towards driver???

na i havnt angled them ay. i can see the display clearly from the drivers seat so no worries there.

yup yup same boat as u smokn4....no a/c but ive got me heater still for those chilly frosty mornings!!

BUT...for those who might wanna do what me and smokn4 did....u DO NOT have to relocate your heater/ac controls. i tested the car without the controls for about 3 weeks using this bottle of sh1t i bought from repco/super cheap that stops your windows from fogging up.. and it worked GREAT!!!! but i relocated my heater controls neways just incase ;D

so today, I got my new front arm on, new swaybar and links, re-wrapped my downpipe (damn that was a bastard im taking it off the car next time!) did a few wee tidy up jobs on the engine- bottom radiator hose, few vac lines etc, plugged my link in and fired it up, ran like crap so had a play with the controller and managed to get it running perfectly by playing with the master fuel and idle settings (I did not actually know what I was doing I just pushed buttons untill it sounded about right haha), sooo tommorow i'll get some interior back in it, bleed my clutch, and go see if I can find a tyre shop thats open to chuck my tyres on my rims and I might be able to go for a gentle drive in it!

I think i have finaly destroyed my g/box after boys toys gathering, I was a bit impatient while waiting at the main road so dumped the clutch the then tried to hook 2nd & a really not cool claaanng sound as it hit it & didn't go in so i hit it again Oh yeah it went in but with some attatude,

I do note the box is now sounding a little noisey/rumbly, didnt have any trouble til i got back to ashburton the tried to down shift to 2nd & the same claaanng sound with vibration, gonna let it cool down then take it for a spin to see if it will do another trip for me. "more syncros then, lucky the plan is removing box's after this weekend" 8)

Yeah Still got 2nd but it's a tad crunchy

Removed the HKS SSQv and pulled it aprt apart down to the valve, found no issues put it back on and it still didnt work. Pulled it off again pulled it right down to the Diapraghm this time to see if it had a hole, no hole etc and when I put it back on it still wont work.

Im suspecting theres not enough vaccum to close it, howver I really have no idea.