Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

boostcut said:

i just chucked a lazy 2.4 engine in an rvr today. skinned my knuckles a couple times and got pissed off at teaching the dopey ***t who owns it everything and having to justify why i was doing everything... but his mrs did cook me a sweet lunch.

for a friend?

Guest boostcut

yeah man. everything on the new engine was different too. had to change intake mani, rocker cover(as its gdi the mani wouldnt fit) the fuel setup on the side was fucked from the stupid wreckers. pissed me off. got the motor in and the sump was different and the exhaust wouldnt fit, so had to swap the sump, and the old motor had thrown a rod and smoked the sump and filled it with bits of broken casting.

a hammer and 10l of petrol fixed it tho.

boostcut said:

yeah man. everything on the new engine was different too. had to change intake mani, rocker cover(as its gdi the mani wouldnt fit) the fuel setup on the side was f***ed from the stupid wreckers. pissed me off. got the motor in and the sump was different and the exhaust wouldnt fit, so had to swap the sump, and the old motor had thrown a rod and smoked the sump and filled it with bits of broken casting.

a hammer and 10l of petrol fixed it tho.

What did u use the hammer for I am sure 10 liters or petrol and a lighter would of fixed it better :)

Guest boostcut

to make the sump look tidy, the rod had broken, at above 4000rpm. going up the matamata side of the kaimais.

the petrol cleaned it out, and yes. the match would have been the key.

CUDDAS said:

went to chch in the gt to pick up some bits for the rs, & when i was at the petrol station in ashburton a yellow bg wagon with a clubsub sticker on the back window pulled up next to me, while i was in a hurry i did say gidday mate but not sure you herd me as i didnt get a reply.

either that or i'm just not liked much :P

i knew that was you i saw at the lights. Turning right from Deans Ave into Blenheim Rd

installed my new seats took it for a drive and feel in love with my new seats and hilux ride its weird driving around at the same height as everyone else.

I can now get 4 fingers between the tire and front guard and my fist under the rear guard.

QRAF said:

installed my new seats took it for a drive and feel in love with my new seats and hilux ride its weird driving around at the same height as everyone else.

I can now get 4 fingers between the tire and front guard and my fist under the rear guard.

mmm fisting in the rear...... wait.. ::)

Shale said:

LOL Cuddas, pure class. ;D

Gots me a VF8 turbo and a dyno sheet over the weekend. Next step is an STi fuel pump as she's leanin' out...then it's time to hit the ol' girl with the MODIFICATION STICK. ;D

Ooooo, this for frank is it? Nice!

Next up... should be a MANUAL :P

ReubenH']

[quote name='Shale said:

LOL Cuddas, pure class. ;D

Gots me a VF8 turbo and a dyno sheet over the weekend. Next step is an STi fuel pump as she's leanin' out...then it's time to hit the ol' girl with the MODIFICATION STICK. ;D

/quote]

Ooooo, this for frank is it? Nice!

Next up... should be a MANUAL :P

Last up is the manual :P expensive, and the auto is holding out okay when it's not trying to set itself on fire. More exciting stuff first...

So far since buying the subi back in Dec '08 i've done:

Well not much (mainly minor interior / exterior), but:

-Changed the factory 16" mags to the Subaru GT factory mags, the 17" ones.

-Put a xPlod stereo & sub in.

-Put some genuine bits & pieces back into it, Subaru filters - oils - belts and stuff...

-Put a shitload of km's on it! (Well ~37,000 now, DAMN thats a lot!)

-Changed the factory exhaust tip to something a smidge bigger. Sounds beautiful, and not at all too loud, just crisp and warm.

-Replaced the Pirelli's it had (supposedly real good ones) with some Bridgestone Potenzas (i think) back in mid '09.

Never thought about lowering it, modifying the engine, did at one stage want to do a conversion from at to mt but didn't. I think cars are best in factory conditions or done up with genuine Subaru mods.

But yea, pretty stock other than that :)