Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Hehe, you only make that mistake once :D

Though i've done the opposite, and overtightened some once, stripping the thread out of the nut. They were aftermarket though, real soft. Makes me want a torque wrench so i can get a feel for all the different torques required over the car.

ReubenH said:

Hehe, you only make that mistake once :D

Though i've done the opposite, and overtightened some once, stripping the thread out of the nut. They were aftermarket though, real soft. Makes me want a torque wrench so i can get a feel for all the different torques required over the car.

I use a Torque wrench on alot of my cars bolts now.

Once i had a tyre place totaly stuff my wheel nuts (they were Fancy RAYS alloy ones) by using a rattle gun on alloy nuts. Very costly mistake by them as they had to buy new off ST-Hitec in Auckland (about $300 a set)

WRXER said:

Tried to turn the key, but battery dead..... Coudln't be bothered jump starting, must buy a new battery.

got jumper leads, a truck, and a jump start pack if you change your mind.

sultan said:

twisted turbo setup.... again...

undid two out of 8 lower bolts on the shocks. realised that the others are all too tight to get off and yelled at the cat because it was her fault.

Ive found that the pole that hold up our beach umbrella works wonders on the end of the socket wrench for that, plus a ten minute soaking of crc.

stira']

[quote name='sultan said:

twisted turbo setup.... again...

undid two out of 8 lower bolts on the shocks. realised that the others are all too tight to get off and yelled at the cat because it was her fault.

/quote]

Ive found that the pole that hold up our beach umbrella works wonders on the end of the socket wrench for that, plus a ten minute soaking of crc.

That takes care of the cat, but what about the bolts? :P ;D

i originaly was using a piece of pipe on the wrench but that wasn't good enough. i got my mrs dad's mean long bar set last night. the bolts were so tight i ended up lifting the car off the ground with the bar trying to get it off. had to have the car held down. it was quite intense, i was begining to think 1 of the bloody things was welded on it was so bad. shit they all might have been with the sound of the crack when they eventually gave way.

i imagine they were rattle gunned to kingdom come and then heated up quite nicely over the years

after some idling problems and car making a tick tick noise under heavy load and high rpm(been told could be Detonation) I decided to run some upper engine cleaner through it, nothing really came out exhaust so thought was a waste but then took for a drive.

Idle was smoother and the power delivery was smoother much much smoother had a better kick low down and a very hard to notice VOD compared to what it used to be. like a whole new engine now.

I did still get the tick tick under full power high rpm but not high rpm low power so really does seem like detonation and have reset ECU and finally thrown away my shitty Shell card (as no 98 octane) and going to run some 98 BP through it to see what its like.

anyone else got any other ideas for the tick tick sound?? i thought maybe a dyno tune on the 98 octane aswell????