Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

CMPLSV said:

21092010331.jpg

huge thanks to big_dave and dvs-b4 for sorting it for me / putting up with my retard'd-ness when it came to helping lol...

bigger thanks for doing it in the rain and wind...

Can i ask where you got your front mount kit and what size your FMIC is? and just to clarify it didn't come like that lol? (chops and joins everywhere)

Mine needed similar treatment but i thought it was cause i'm fitting a gc8 kit to a be5

Regarding the FMIC...she purchased her kit from redline as stated below above and im guessin its 300x600

in relation to "fitting"..in my own opinion. im sure that all kits arent a str8 bolt on like the sellers say they are. i mean there definitely has to be a bit of cutting or some sh1t to make it fit. unless u were to custom make the piping then thats a different story,.

nehow pics of me gauges as requested:

62253_154643781224604_100000369493955_35

62438_154643741224608_100000369493955_35

GNEDEF said:

in relation to "fitting"..in my own opinion. im sure that all kits arent a str8 bolt on like the sellers say they are. i mean there definitely has to be a bit of cutting or some sh1t to make it fit. unless u were to custom make the piping then thats a different story,.

a bit haha? looks like 3 extra cuts & silicone joiners in just that photo :P

i'm just wondering how bad these bolt on kits are lol...

GNEDEF said:

Regarding the FMIC...she purchased her kit from redline as stated below above and im guessin its 300x600

nehow pics of me gauges as requested:

62253_154643781224604_100000369493955_35

62438_154643741224608_100000369493955_35

why do people do this? so now you have no heater/aircon etc, cant even defrost/defog your windscreen?

pl0x']

[quote name='CMPLSV said:

img]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4108/21092010331.jpg[/img]

huge thanks to big_dave and dvs-b4 for sorting it for me / putting up with my retard'd-ness when it came to helping lol...

bigger thanks for doing it in the rain and wind...

Can i ask where you got your front mount kit and what size your FMIC is? and just to clarify it didn't come like that lol? (chops and joins everywhere)

Mine needed similar treatment but i thought it was cause i'm fitting a gc8 kit to a be5

just to let you know we only actually cut the supplied kit in 2 places - where it was approx 3-4cm too short / to make it fit nicer... - this was on the sides at the front of the car.

the kit itself has some neat welds in it where they obviously couldn't bend / angle the kit without them... they are very tidy and well made. the redline kit is modeled off the hks kit, it comes supplied in 4 big pieces, we ended up with 6... not a major if you ask me as we only needed to cut to add afew cm in length. The cooler is 600 x 300 - but the cooler im using isnt the one that came with the kit - we are saving that for another special project.

hopefully this all makes sense... and doesnt come across as a bitchy reply - because its not.

cool FT cya sunday morning bright and early, we applied the car name banner on the front windscreen last night, started cut and polish but will finish tomorrow,

alarm is FINALLY going in tomorrow morning, thank god! having the car a month without one was nerve racking.

looking forward to Sunday, hope the weather holds!!!!!!!

Guest boostcut
 CMPLSV']

[quote name='pedro said:

Intercooler looking good..

are you certing it now or are there more mods pending??

/quote]

coolers dont need certs :D ...BUT it will all be certed when i eventually get adjustable's further down the track...

ahh actually, they do if you modify anything on the bumper or bumper support panel or front of car, on a car built in 1996 or later..

boostcut']

[quote name='pedro said:

/quote]

coolers dont need certs :D ...BUT it will all be certed when i eventually get adjustable's further down the track...

ahh actually, they do if you modify anything on the bumper or bumper support panel or front of car, on a car built in 1996 or later..

anything on the bumper as in cutting the bumper out its self?

boostcut']

[quote name='pedro said:

/quote]

this is the first time me or anyone i know have herd of this... do u have any legislation to support this?

... lucky i didnt have to modify anything on the actual car then huh!! :P

- unless your saying i need a cert for cutting the hole in the bumper for it to fit?