Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Johnnynz said:

Are you on the main drag through Darren? Always try and spot your workshop but havent seen it yet lol.

I think I might have seen a couple of your vans in Wanganui yesterday to.

yeah we are on Seddon Street, the new workshop is behind the old one which is on the town side of the thearte :)

yup we had 3 vans in wanganui yesterday

and 2 buses heading to the north of auckland :)

We are borg']

[quote name='chappell943 said:

Wheel alignment and new tyre fitted.

/quote]

only 1 new tyre ??? sounds a bit dodgy

Long story but got two new tyres 6 months ago, the tyres that came off were warrentable but were on their way out, 6 months on and a bad wheel alingment had ruined one of my back tyres so I put the old front one on just as a temp thing until after easter/holidays when I will buy two new rear tyres.

thorpy said:

Drilled and tapped rear strut casings , fitted grease nipples and steam cleaned to remove old grease and filings.

Cleaned inserts and bump stops , sanded casings ready for painting.

what an awesome idea, will you try removing the old grease next time it starts knocking? or just topping it up?

have you tried many different types of grease?

First time iv done it , Im using mobil synthetic hi temp grease , have removed all the old grease.

Im hoping that doing it right once should stop them knocking for good , the grease nipple allows to totally fill in between the bearings.

when i installed full new set of speakers last weekend, discovered that the right rear one didn't work. spent 4 hours today diagnosing why and making the fix. traced it to a break in the speaker wire bang smack in the middle of the rubber sheathing running between the outside of the door to the inside of the chassis. what a giagantic pain in the ass. but nothing the soldering iron couldn't handle.

Yesterday i had a go at doing my clutch and flywheel replacement. After many hours trawling through threads i found all the info i need ed to pull it off without getting stuck, also gave me some insight into a couple things i'd never come across when i've done other makes ie; pins that hold the cv on to the gearbox, pivot pin removal etc.

I managed to get everything sorted although with only a couple of hiccups, one being forgetting the clutch fork until the box was nearly bolted up ::) I KNOW I KNOW- school yard mistake but i did it ;D Anyway i've gone with a 5kg chromo flywheel, and a sprung 6 puck with a sprinkling of extra clamping pressure for good measure.

I found the exercise alot easier than some other vehicles i've worked on, although doing the homework first was a big factor here. The original clutch and flywheel was still in reasonable nick with the machining marks still visible on the flywheel and a resonable amount of friction material still on the plate. Anyway once the box was tightened (2nd time) i put the slave cylinder on and gave it a test-flop straight to the firewall with a clink :-\

Now from what i can gather i may have over extended the slave cylinder, as i first thought i had blown a clutch line but no fluid leak anywhere, i then thought blown seal from one of the cylinders-no leak anywhere and i hadn't lost any fluid hence the over-extention theory. After trawling through threads i found that i might need to adjust the m/cyl under the dash????

I first tried to bleed the system on my own but never really got better than a half pedal so i will be calling my GF in to be my B%^& (usually the other way round ::)) and i'll do it properly.

Hmmmm maybe i should've researched this situation also...............

Anyway hopefully i will get it sorted today as i will be shipping RED off to get a LINK, and a tune next week, i want a weeks grace to iron any probs out with all the new bolt-ons.

I will post my progress tonight ;D

Yesterday , repainted rear struts .

Today , Reassembled rear struts and greased , refitted to car.

Bled and flushed brakes with fresh RBF600 , fitted track rims. Ran breather lines ready for catch can.

Found sump guard totally destroyed from the last autocross.

Changed diff oil, Reattached exhaust hanger which had fallen off somehow, marked a spot to weld in Wideband o2 and wired in the gauge and serial connection, removed rear muffler to see how it sounds and went for a drive round the hills. Now just waiting for ATI gauge pod to arrive and next weekend should hopefully tig weld in the Wideband bung. After removing my rear muffler I am quite keen to make a straight pipe which could easily be bolted in to replace the big bore (flange for big bore is about one inch from the end of the big bore.) , Would most likely only use this when going over Arthur's pass to make my drive even more enjoyable.

Had an average day at manfeild. Over boosted all day, didn't have one clean run. But massive thanks to Chris from STM helping me to diagnose the issue or issues in my case.

popped boost line, then dead boost solenoid and a bung waste gate, so all in all pretty av.

Oh thanks to Greg for the moral support ;)