Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

petrolheadjman said:

So you figured out the issue in the end? Was a pity you didn't have a good run!!

Yep had the boost solenoid turned on and it only clicked a couple of times, think it it cooked in the heat. Yeah kinda sucked after waiting a year to get back out and not getting one good run, but that's racing I guess

Nah it's a close ratio box - 6th is close to 5th in a 5 speed - has really nice pick up -

There's heaps of rumours out there about the 6 speeds being weaker - I could bet money most of the talkers have had little to no experience with a 5 or 6 speed

There's 3 major flaws in the 5 speeds which I've experienced in my old sr20 180sx

Let's see how the 6 speed holds up

WRXONP said:

I don't know why they do - people say the 6 speed is weak - but everyone knows the 5 speeds are a design flaw of their own

do you know if the 6-speed on the S15 is the same as the 350z fairlady?

if so i know of a guy that has a 350z with over 1000 whp on the standard 6-speed

rex-leggy']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

changed my car back to 4wd . gearbox , diff , half shafts and drive shaft.

was a full on day! thanks for all the help i got :)

/quote]

did you sort the drive shaft?

yea i ended up using a bg5 one . it said auto on it but it cant have been :D

good to tick another job off the list tho

Just for future reference bud, Auto and manual front half shafts are the same ;)

not half shaft .... driveshaft . auto and manual driveshaft are different lengths.

half shafts weren't a problem but one was a barsted to put in :D

arhh true haha puffpuff

B4 2000']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

I don't know why they do - people say the 6 speed is weak - but everyone knows the 5 speeds are a design flaw of their own

/quote]

do you know if the 6-speed on the S15 is the same as the 350z fairlady?

if so i know of a guy that has a 350z with over 1000 whp on the standard 6-speed

Wouldn't have a clue man -- seems like one of those things when you search it up - people saying it can only handle 350 whp - some people saying less than that - guy on

Nico runs near 500 whp on a 6 speed and 11 sec quarters

hijacka']

got the car tuned again today at 24psi . goes rather well now heaps of low down response which is great.

deciding weather to turn it up a few more psi or not.

/quote]

Orsome Dude! got any dyno results?

no dyno result yet . we wont be able to get it in till after mm. which will work out good id say . we have about ten cars that ll probably need to go on :D

im impressed with it tho ! deff over 260kw now i believe but still hard to tell for me anyway

well i've fixed up the angles on the rear wing, emptied and tidied up the catch can, changed some fluids and bolt check in the engine bay.

Got thoroughly sick of this *thud* knock in the firewall, and went investigating to find a gearbox subframe bolt 75% wound out!!!..... :o ..!!!! problem solved with it back in.

Off for an alignment adjustment tomorrow and some vinyl.

All ready for the ferry on thursday :) (i have to come down a week early for a wedding before MM).

Also diagnosed Sl8r's misfortune at Manfield over the weekend with a holey wastegate diaphram.

Did my oil in the weekend after not being able to get my oil filter off two weeks ago, i borrowed a mates oil filter remover its got three prongs that tighten around the filter then it connects to the ratchet to.

I got it off but it cut into the filter before it started to come off covering me arm in oil.

been driving it all weekend and the oils still clean as

funkytown']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

Haha in those situations with a tight ass filter I just smash a screw driver through it

You can tell I did my Apprentiship as a diesel mechy

/quote]

or a large pair of polly grips works a treat also, crush it a little and twist.

+1 on the grips gets messy as if its tight but had to go down that road last time.

• Admin

Swapped the fuel return and breather lines at the tank so it doesn't spew petrol through the engine bay any more

Removed the automatic shift linkage, hacksawed off the seized (and very rounded) nut, reinstalled, adjusted... now shows the correct gear

Zip-tied the throttle cable so it stops getting in the radiator fan (oops, hehe)

Notched the plate on the firewall the steering column passes through to stop the column grinding on it, steering much better now

Wired up the Park/Neutral switch properly so it won't crank in Drive/Reverse any more

Hacked up the old firewall loom grommet to go over the new loom

Getting there!

rex-leggy']

got the car tuned again today at 24psi . goes rather well now heaps of low down response which is great.

deciding weather to turn it up a few more psi or not.

/quote]

Orsome Dude! got any dyno results?

no dyno result yet . we wont be able to get it in till after mm. which will work out good id say . we have about ten cars that ll probably need to go on :D

im impressed with it tho ! deff over 260kw now i believe but still hard to tell for me anyway

look forward to seeing that. will be very interested to see your power delivery