Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

fitted my new rear strut brace.

replaced my uppipe ( what a mission). everything was going sweet, i'd taken off the downpipe and headers easily enough but then there was one nut holding the uppipe to the turbo that wouldn't come off. i tried CRC, rattle gun, blow torch but i ended up burring it so i tried vice grips which didn't work, i couldnt get the grinder in there to grind it off so i ended up having to drill the nut to pieces. i replaced it because it had a leak, i thought it might have been a small hole in it somewhere but when i pulled it out it fell in half.

When i went to put the replacement in the same nut was still on it and after the CRC and blow torch didn't work on that one either i ground it off without wrecking the stud.

It took 5 hours to replace the uppipe

Installed whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar. It's for a GC/GF chassis but it's exactly the same as the stock one on the v7 sti just thicker/heavier so it fits perfect.

For future reference, the whiteline KLC19 rear swaybar links are not suitable for the v7 Sti mount on the second rear control arm. The whiteline website says otherwise but don't believe it!

looked at it in the garage.....still only done about 300kms on the new engine, should really hurry up and finish it as its about to become the daily driver, need to get a baby seat for it first though hahaha

Pulled half the motor to bits trying to sort dodgy idle

Swore at it and taking it to stubaru today instead hahaha

Poking around under it to get to 02 sensor found I think it has a/market swaybars? They look quite thick, and they're like a bright metallic blue, brighter than the body is. Nothing else under the car is painted, and the thing rides daaamn stiff compared to my last BH, I put it down to big wheels but makes more sense now.

Washed it and polished then decided to pull the front seats out and clean the inside properly, found a bunch of coins!!! now its time to start saving up for some rims and a bunch of whitline arms and anti lift kit, Stuff aint cheap!!! Would love dacerx's work's!!!

nothing to exciting but gave the sentra its 410,000ks oil and filter change added the usual engine stop leak, stuff works really well, greased up all the belts and degreased the sump,gearbox ect now just 2 wash that and the sti

Fixed some random vacuum operated thingymajingy on the wee Pug and now it has low down torque to go with the million revs it loves to pull. Fun times. Coming to the realisation that I should have bought a 205 GTi back in the day instead of my RS :P