Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Roo']

[quote name='Roo said:

Today I did nothing, cause I don\'t have it til the 12th, how will I survive!

/quote]

one day after the other.

Good theory i\'ll try that :P

It\'s how I manage: I\'m in auckland, and my car is in motueka.

I have this hole in my soul, gouging deep.

Got a new block stripped it to short block waiting on a mate to remove Crank shaft pulley. Removed the pistons. Got new Bearings. Fabricated a ver7 STi intake manifold and injectors to fit the old throttle body. Striped the motor that is currently in the car to a long block. Pulled seats and carpet out the car. Round 2 today i guess.

cross post frm project thread but.

Trackday prep

Penrite 10w40 racing oil

BNT rb500 brake fluid

pagid rs29 front pads, bendix cgt rears

install underbody brace

bleed fluids

install sandghwich plate for oil pressure/temp gauges

Get brake fluid in my eye

The beginning

trqplwbe.mny.jpg

Front brakes

2h0o3qu2.key.jpg

Gravity, how do you work?

xjf3ghjf.r2g.jpg

Gauges

k4fur0j3.zxv.jpg

Underbody K brace

u5svy5ho.psd.jpg

Dummied up FMIC to the legacy - also got my top mount removal down to about 3 minutes hahaha - worked out what bends / joiners I\'ll need to make GC8 kit work in not a GC8 - needs like 3 bends and 2 cuts to fit, just runs reverse direction to normal (win)

Took mazda for a hoon to whakatane to check it out, laugh to myself and say to wife "Jesus lives here" - she says "what are you on about" - "Oh that car forum thing and err" nek minnit a BH5 named keltik comes round the bend in front of us

She still doesn\'t believe the timing of it

Cheers for the advise guys.

Ended up going to pick a part on saturday, managed to find a few parts that had snapped on my car, and even got a new momo steering wheel so will need to fit that.

Also found a leggy that had some new looking Nolathane N45440 bushes, which i got both sides for. Put them on and then struggled for a few hours as the control arm bolts didn\'t want to go back in!? Managed to eventually get them going and passed it\'s WOF yesterday :) now to install that steering wheel

Johnnybegood said:

Ended up going to pick a part on saturday, managed to find a few parts that had snapped on my car, and even got a new momo steering wheel so will need to fit that.

Also found a leggy that had some new looking Nolathane N45440 bushes, which i got both sides for. Put them on and then struggled for a few hours as the control arm bolts didn\'t want to go back in!? Managed to eventually get them going and passed it\'s WOF yesterday :) now to install that steering wheel

You need to thread them all in very slightly before tightening, if you do up one most/all the way before putting the others in it makes it far more difficult

Sold my 300wkw wrx other week so been shopping around checkingout new cruisey cars. Found a beautiful well priced BP legacy so rest drove and sus\'d a deal to include free 2yr warranty. Paid for and picked it up this morning, how i looove a smooth quiet car and being auto makes it even lazier to drive. Is nz new and is a 2.5l turbo ome so pretty stoked, and being all black looks sick!

Guest hate-evoz

Yeah man nice wagon bro. Gutted to see the rex gone but good to see you get another subi! hope to see u at the next cruise so we can check it out. Classy as !

MercuryFree']

[quote name='Johnnybegood said:

/quote]

You need to thread them all in very slightly before tightening, if you do up one most/all the way before putting the others in it makes it far more difficult

Cheers man, it was more that neither of them wanted to thread when I put them in. I ended up getting a tap and tidying up the thread, and filed the bolts a bit. Eventually got one started and then the second bit as well

jazza said:

Sold my 300wkw wrx other week so been shopping around checkingout new cruisey cars. Found a beautiful well priced BP legacy so rest drove and sus\'d a deal to include free 2yr warranty. Paid for and picked it up this morning, how i looove a smooth quiet car and being auto makes it even lazier to drive. Is nz new and is a 2.5l turbo ome so pretty stoked, and being all black looks sick!

Pics please!

Yesterday got my hands on some S13 front springs finally!

Once I get my wheel back from repair and strap a couple of tyres on i\'ll finally have everything to put it on its nuts

Also got some clear side indicators on the way

• General Member

2005479525_photobucket_149700_.jpg

popped ot on a hoist and put the pieces back in that make the back wheels turn!

also sent the e34 in for a wof check as well, this one is a bit off that, but will be this month : and see which is worth getting legal

kamineko said:

grinding my way back into the game..

ruapuna-owned-garage-fire-cooked-weather-rusted sti ra input shaft VS makita power drill with wire brush

P1030935s.jpg

P1030938s.jpg

P1030941s.jpg

fark yeah! nice to move forward for a change

7 months later, gearbox complete!

well... 16 months actually. damn i want to drive my car

after washing all the tiny bits i forgot how f**king heavy it is when put back together

many thanks to Al who helped me with the syncro parts :D THANKS! you\'re awesome