Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Long story cut short, Dave used my fuel pump to get his RA back from cert. Put my fuel pump back in my car and my car wouldn\'t start. Three hours of diagnosing what looked to be a wiring fault or relay, only for the almost obvious to be the cause:

cip1F65.jpg

This plug clicks into the top of the fuel pump cradle. The burnt out pin is the 12 volt wire.

UWCsG34.jpg

What we think caused this to short was a break in the wire.

NxlCYcd.jpg

Not the smartest idea, but lighter to shrink the heat shrink!

A huge thanks to DacerX (Dave) for helping diagnose and fix the thing. rslegy (Damo) for suppling the new plug and Reuben for being on the phone late at night talking us through the wiring.

In the four years of owning my Subaru, this is the single most serious issue I\'ve had.

I suspect this issue has been present since the original fuel pump was replaced due to failing a year before I bought the car.

vfjohno said:

Sweet 2 k cup looks awesome ;D

Was looking into it myself but think I would get sick of not being able to modify anything.

I just have to try to make s*** faster hahaha

What car did you get?

Yeah i think it\'s good because people can\'t just throw money at a problem. We got a b16a da6, bloody rough paintwork atm but we are just going to bog it and vinyl wrap it lol

Roo']

[quote name='vfjohno said:

Was looking into it myself but think I would get sick of not being able to modify anything.

What car did you get?

/quote]

Yeah i think it\'s good because people can\'t just throw money at a problem. We got a b16a da6, bloody rough paintwork atm but we are just going to bog it and vinyl wrap it lol

Nice..s1?has it got cable clutch? you can do the same thing i did with my da tegs 10 years ago.. Fit it all in a ef civic. and ditch the teg ;)

hijacka']

[quote name='vfjohno said:

What car did you get?

/quote]

Nice..s1?has it got cable clutch? you can do the same thing i did with my da tegs 10 years ago.. Fit it all in a ef civic. and ditch the teg ;)

Not sure yet it was dark when we lookdd at it last night haha. No point making it too fast cause the organizers will just slow the car down

Timmah said:

Long story cut short, Dave used my fuel pump to get his RA back from cert. Put my fuel pump back in my car and my car wouldn\'t start. Three hours of diagnosing what looked to be a wiring fault or relay, only for the almost obvious to be the cause:

cip1F65.jpg

This plug clicks into the top of the fuel pump cradle. The burnt out pin is the 12 volt wire.

UWCsG34.jpg

NxlCYcd.jpg

A huge thanks to DacerX (Dave) for helping diagnose and fix the thing. rslegy (Damo) for suppling the new plug and Reuben for being on the phone late at night talking us through the wiring.

In the four years of owning my Subaru, this is the single most serious issue I\'ve had.

I suspect this issue has been present since the original fuel pump was replaced due to failing a year before I bought the car.

That plug is a common issue. A better fix is to bypass or replace the plug. And the best option is to use the old power wire as the signal to a new relay and run a new, beefier power wire to the pump via the new relay.

Koom']

[quote name='Timmah said:

/quote]

That plug is a common issue. A better fix is to bypass or replace the plug. And the best option is to use the old power wire as the signal to a new relay and run a new, beefier power wire to the pump via the new relay.

The plug was replaced with one off a BC. This new relay thing sounds like a job for you Koom :D Would never of thought to do that.

DacerX']

[quote name='DacerX said:

have you got any info the 2k cup, im guessing that its just NI Based

/quote]

Yeah.. from the looks, NI based only..

http://2kcup.com/?p=30

If it was south island based id be super keen

It will be soon. It\'s starting up in timaru the SCCC is running it.

Here\'s our racer lol

13475730705_19126f9f81_c.jpg

Had a gay saas steering wheel which I pulled out today and sold an hour later and put a deep dish momo i got for free in its place. Gotta start getting it ready for a wof

Roo']

What sound does this one make

Idk something gay cause it\'s a honda lol

Just take everything off before the throttle body and the intake noise is awesome!

[quote name='Timmah said:

/quote]

The plug was replaced with one off a BC. This new relay thing sounds like a job for you Koom :D Would never of thought to do that.

Haha at my current rate of achievement, I can do it for you as long as you don\'t mind your car being off the road for 9 months......