Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Yesterday- changed rear diff fluid- started the process of changing under mani intake. Quit.

Approached this morning got it in and happy now. Discovered a large cause to my irregular misfiring was a damaged lead. No one has any v5 leads near me so I'll suss that later. When I went to reconnect everytying I accidentally had 1 & 3 swapped around 😂 pop pop pop pop pop on acceleration. Wow cant have been good for it. All is almost well now- just need leads. 

@thewabbit1 i sanded the chromed part and part of the other bit where it was some of the paint was flaking/chipped. primed and painted the entire grill. i ended up leaving the foam strip on it so didnt get fully sanded. i was a bit pressed for time trying to get it ready for the auto spectacular this weekend. but now that i have more time i will probably take it back out and re-do it full sand new foam strip etc

• Like 1

Oil temp and water temp to add to my collection of Defi gauges. Just need senders for these two and ill have 4 all up. add a triple gauge pod for the clock position and ill be lit up like a Christmas tree. Also has anyone had experience with Ebay senders and looms? work allgood? or dodgey...  

510232969.jpg

• Subscribed Member
43 minutes ago, thewabbit1 said:

Fitted a short shift.... never doing that again....

I have one waiting to go into my RA, but really CBF...

The one I put into the GX I did at the same time as the gearbox replacement, so wasn't too bad. But it does make the RA feel like a 30 year old car compared to it...

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

I have one waiting to go into my RA, but really CBF...

The one I put into the GX I did at the same time as the gearbox replacement, so wasn't too bad. But it does make the RA feel like a 30 year old car compared to it...

My (limited) advice would be to make sure you have a straight pair of circlip pliers (seperator) like these: 8960B0F6-A266-4F67-8D09-FE874090919E-hug
Rather than an angled pair like these (like I did): http://www.toolstop.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/18d07917ace59e9dd5012a54d894ecdb.jpg

• Subscribed Member
17 minutes ago, thewabbit1 said:

My (limited) advice would be to make sure you have a straight pair of circlip pliers (seperator) like these:
Rather than an angled pair like these (like I did): 

Thanks, shall keep that in mind, I know I've got a pair laying around, but knowing how it always goes when working on cars, I won't be able to find it when I need it..

Got SF5 track car back from Dyno tune, found out the TD04L is not going to do what im after (40psi of pressure in the headers before turbo made alot of heat) and the headers i got are S***! So now some sti headers going on and trying to source a VF34/30/22 turbo and get it dynoed with that!

1 hour ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Got SF5 track car back from Dyno tune, found out the TD04L is not going to do what im after (40psi of pressure in the headers before turbo made alot of heat) and the headers i got are S***! So now some sti headers going on and trying to source a VF34/30/22 turbo and get it dynoed with that!

What headers were you using? 

1 hour ago, ADIKT said:

What headers were you using? 

Redline brand ones, has a flexi joint has already failed from the looks of it, that caused about 13psi of the pressure in the pipe alone. Other reviews of them are they are S***. i got them in a rush as my up pipe had cracked. sucked as they also lost the subrua rumble They couldn't get it to produce over 200hp at the wheels and when it did go there it was bloody hot. All im after is something where i can push some more power for track use. the TD04 is great for boosting quickly bit over 5000rpm its all gone whihc is where you use the power on the track

Got the up pipe and headers now from v7 sti just need a turbo to make it all go.

7 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Redline brand ones, has a flexi joint has already failed from the looks of it, that caused about 13psi of the pressure in the pipe alone. Other reviews of them are they are S***. i got them in a rush as my up pipe had cracked. sucked as they also lost the subrua rumble They couldn't get it to produce over 200hp at the wheels and when it did go there it was bloody hot. All im after is something where i can push some more power for track use. the TD04 is great for boosting quickly bit over 5000rpm its all gone whihc is where you use the power on the track

Got the up pipe and headers now from v7 sti just need a turbo to make it all go.

You should seriously consider the turbo @Andy_Mac has for sale. 

What injectors and ecu are you running?