Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

1 hour ago, newsuba said:

i would have kept the fiesta....

xD

If it had four doors like the US version I might have, but two doors with small ones is a pain. Plus a tiny FWD with 160kW meant non-stop tyre spinning any time it was wet, which kinda suck after years of AWD traction. Super fun little car otherwise.

hi joe,

true, re- 4 doors and littlies.

160kw ?

did yours have the mountune kit ?

thought they were 132-ish stock.

a quaife lsd wouldn't have helped with the wet wheelspin.

5 cylinder focus sounded great, almost like an audi 5 cylinder.

your wrx a manual ?

It comes stock with 134kW, with an overboost to 149kW (for 20 seconds when you jam on the accelerator, resetting every time you take the foot off, so pretty much always). Most of the OTT tunes bump it up to around 160kW (including the Mountune). I had a Bluefin tune (162kW claimed), Mountune short-shift kit, and a CPE engine mount. The factory tyres are RE050As so only 'OK' for grip, and not great in the cold (but still better than the Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres on the WRX: what were you thinking Subaru?) I was looking at the Quaife LSD, but soon came to realise that the two-door just wasn't family friendly (moment of realisation came a few months ago when I went to pick up some KEF floorstanders and had to use the wife's Honda Jazz because they wouldn't fit in my car. The embarrassment). I could see it wouldn't be a long-term ownership.

I tried the updated Focus ST as well, but the FWD put me off, as did the problems I've seen with the 2.0 ecoboost (the 1.6 is totally solid in comparison, with people getting 400HP with totally stock internals). The WRX is a manual Premium. It's way more practical, much faster, but less goofy fun (brakes and gearbox are a big step down from the Fiesta, but I'll work on those. Not much I can do about the lightness and go-kart factor: WRX is the same basic size and weight as my old Legacy). I only have 250 km on it ATM, so hopefully shifting will smooth itself out a bit over the next few months.

• Like 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Just had someone plow into the back of me while I was at the lights. I was stationary and he didnt even stop. car looks like it will a write off. will post some pics when I finally get through to the insurance company ad get my phone charged.

not cool :(

29 minutes ago, Percy said:

Yoiks!!

That's not good at all!!

Glad you're ok, the car can be fixed or replaced!

I have a feeling th car will be a write off. Looks like the chasis could be damaged. The tow bar was on a bit of an angle!  Might be time to look at the outbacks. 

• Like 1

• General Member

^^ frig thats weird I tried to make the imgs display but in the end i needed to grap the bbcode

[URL=http://s687.photobucket.com/user/GC8E2DD/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160908_160019_zpsjcktz180.jpg.html][IMG=http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv238/GC8E2DD/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160908_160019_zpsjcktz180.jpg][/URL]

to get it to work

iVf9GWw.png

imgs from other hosts you just paste it like you have & they auto display

'did' one reckon you might be able to do the rest 

I I know you know how just letting others know, might be a bug or new method they learn :P

10 hours ago, Percy said:

Nice grill!

I managed to hit a pot hole (yay for earthquake roads...) and have bent the bead on the right rear rim, causing the tyre to go flat.

Am hoping it hasn't damaged the tyre, cos that would be fecking annoying.

Feck feck feck!!!

Tyre is toast, cut right through the bead and sidewall, stupid potholes!!

The rim I don't are about so much, its just a stock RevC wheel, but the tyre is only about 1000k old.