Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• General Member

Looks STI to me, if you want to be sure ask for measurement of intake gap and compare to someone on here with v8 STI?

But I will stick my neck out and say it looks STI to me. Very similar to what I have which is a knockoff but much bigger compared to QRAF who has v7 (I think) WRX Scoop.

measurements are

Hole haven't been drilled as it has never been mounted. But Hole centers look about: 575mm wide x 220mm (mid pair), 210mm (outer 2 pair). Overall exterior dimensions: 645mm (at widest point) x 300mm (length at bottom of scoop) x 90mm (height above bonnet, +20mm below). Hope this helps,

apparently.

I have two questions today.

1. Would 5w-30 engine oil be the right grade of oil for my Legacy B4 1999?

2. Where on earth can I find the meaning of my VIN number?Ive done a lot of searches but cant find a decent decoding list to an exact match. Most VINs on the information I find start with a J1F or something like that,mine doesnt look like that.The number I have on the Subaru plate under the hood looks like this BE5-######.The VIN I have that is from the NZ govt is a long one but will that give me infor about the engine etc?

serunox said:

I have two questions today.

1. Would 5w-30 engine oil be the right grade of oil for my Legacy B4 1999?

2. Where on earth can I find the meaning of my VIN number?Ive done a lot of searches but cant find a decent decoding list to an exact match. Most VINs on the information I find start with a J1F or something like that,mine doesnt look like that.The number I have on the Subaru plate under the hood looks like this BE5-######.The VIN I have that is from the NZ govt is a long one but will that give me infor about the engine etc?

We've only ever run Castrol Edge 5w-30 in our 2001 Blitzen. To date our cars done 185ks and the oil generally lasts a solid 8-10 000ks which is fine by me. A garage shafted us a while back and put in mineral oil after i specifically asked for full synthetic and was quoted a price for synthetic. Needless to say i forced them to do a fresh oil and filter change while i watched.

• 2 weeks later...

1-4 can be interchanged. Can flip them without modding too iirc.

5-7 can also be changed. Bolts are offset so no straight flips. Throttlebody sensors need rewiring if you use a 7 on a 5 or 6 and the injector plugs need changing also.

not too sure on the v8 and up.

What differences were there between the Liberty's and Legacy's in the 1989-91 sedans - apart from the name ?

Went to a Subaru dealer for some brake pads and he said that the Liberty's came out different ? What's different, i thought they just renamed it because of the thing after WWII or something ?

• General Member

I'm guessing the only differences would be similar to how some NZDM cars differ to JDM?

Gogo Wikipedia quote...

The Legacy bears the name Liberty in Australia out of deference for Legacy Australia, a veterans' assistance organization.

chulozumo said:

Ok so my driveway is kinda awkward, end up on 3 wheels sometimes as I found out the other day. :D?

Will it do any damage to the car or anything if It keeps doing it ?

Just take a run up and get them all off the ground...

• Guest locked this topic