Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Tonight after driving home from work I noticed both my side marker lights were not working..

I tried:

- using only parking switch (on top of steering column, no key

- key on for ignition, low beams, low beams and fogs (other lights work)

- swapping out the bulbs with other bulbs

- flipped the bulbs

- swapping the bulb holders right to left and left to right

- checking the fuse box, nothing

- interior lighting is okay

I don't have a multimeter at home to check if it is a closed circuit or the bulbs I used were faulty.. But besides that what could it be, I'm stumped!

They were working fine this morning; and I hadn't played with the housings.

Edit: car is a 93 gc8

Edited by hang009

kris_pran said:
Is Motul Gear300 75w 90 gl5 fine for the rear diff and trans on a v7 sti? Had Penrite pro gear in the trans before so trying something different.

What did you think of the pro-gear stuff? Looking at changing my diff and trans fluids soon.

Unless you get an oil test done its a tad hard to say ones better than the other or make any sort of substantiated claim. You may notice a difference in shift feel good or bad but as far as oil condition goes testings really the only way.

Hi all, looking at buying a grounding kit ($21 delivered). Will this help with some hesitation/bogging down at low revs? I have had a good look through different forums to find out about the kits, and opinion is divided whether it works. If its not electrical is there anything else I can look at? its a 2.5 n/a auto. I think I will get the kit any way as the grounding wires look quite pathetic compared to other cars I've had.

boon said:
If you have electrically good grounds already, it will do exactly three fifths of **** all.

If you have bad grounds, it will put a Band-Aid over them.

I doubt it will solve your issue.

Sweet, will put the money towards the strut brace they have on sale. Only thing I don't like is the shipping is more than the brace!!

Also any ideas on the hesitation/bogging down? it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it bogs down until about 2000rpm, then it kicks in like a turbo (not really but thats the feeling )

Edited by SpeedySub

just wondering if my legacy is the only one like this, but i recently replaced my breaks rotors and pads and wondered if the feel in the pedal is still meant to be soft like you don't feel any pressure for like an inch an inch and a half. was like that before i changed the pads and rotors that's why i did them and it still feels the same now lol, i don't know if i'm overreacting or there is some merit in wondering.

any help would be much appreciated

A_J_T said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of Part* numbers for a Timing belt, Idler bearings and tensioner bearing etc. I’d like to grab them through Partsouq

EJ208

Did it myself recently through partsouq, googling and cross referencing for numbers.

Cambelt_part_numbers.jpg

EJ208/EJ206/EJ207:

A & B - 13073AA180

C - 13073AA200

D - 13085AA010

Tensioner - 13033AA042

Cam seals - 806732160 (avcs-806742160)

The belt is either 13028AA240 or 13028AA072, but Subaru want $200+gst for the belt alone. IIRC partsouq wasn't much cheaper. So I grabbed the blue Gates Racing belt off trademe for $220, part number T328RB.

Edit: STI also make a belt, but not cheap at all - ST130284S000

Edited by Rosssub

• Guest locked this topic