• V7 - 2000/2002 aprox - A.K.A The Bug Eye
    • V8 - 2003/2004 aprox
    • V9 - 2005 aprox
    • V10 - A.K.A The Tri-Grill
    • V11 - A.K.A The Hatch
    • V12 - Current

• Admin

Whats the best shape WRX?

Before you answer, i dont simply want "V6 is the best" i want to know why?

For example "My pick is Version 2 as i prefer the rounded headlights and scoop" or "Version 6 as i love the clutch inhibit start feature it came with"

catch my drift? there are no wrong answers, just want to see what the general feeling is.

[glow=red,2,300]Forgot to mention I have prizes which will be sent out at random on the 31st of Aug, and to be in to win these all you need to do is have your say! but remember you must put your reasons in a post below to be in to win![/glow]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

V7 STI

a. I own one so I\'m biased

b. Strong factory block

c. Brembos and 6 speed and more modern interior

d. Awesome bang for the buck

Although I\'m seriously considering facelifting it to V10 when all the crazy body work goes down.

boon said:

V7 STI

a. I own one so I\'m biased

b. Strong factory block

c. Brembos and 6 speed and more modern interior

d. Awesome bang for the buck

Although I\'m seriously considering facelifting it to V10 when all the crazy body work goes down.

so well said

thorpy said:

I vote V5 , but anything V3- V6 in a coupe , because they are the closest thing ( bar $$$$ 22B ) to the WRC cars of that era.

I concur, although id looove a mint v6 coupe. V10 would be nxt choice as they looked the most evilest in the wrc!

Version 6 STi.

Last of the original line.

Pure automotive sex from the crystal headlights and lower lip to the subtle two plane rear wing.

Plenty of power, well sorted drivetrain and suspension, plus low weight means an alacrity that later cars can not match.

A near perfect blend of function and form equals future classic.

;D

I remember back in 2001, when the bug-eye came out, I was gob-smacked.

As it was on everyone\'s mind, "What the hell were they thinking?"

So it came to a surprise back in 2010 when I picked mine up.

It was an ex-colleagues, he was the first owner in NZ, it came with good bits already installed, I would turn 25 that year too.

Hell, the price was good, and I jumped on it and bought it.

Initially, I thought, \'What was I thinking?\', the hypocrisy of buying a car I used to diss!

Prior to that, the only Subaru I\'ve ever driven was my brother\'s RSB. I loved the suspension feel and balance of the car, the gear changes and the power.

Getting in to test drive the bugeye was no disappointment.

The feeling I got when driving the RSB was recreated in the bugeye, but that much better and less \'weighty\'.

I was sold. I thought \'looks was just looks, as long as I enjoyed driving it, which is more important!\'

1 month, 2 months... 6 months down the line, I admit, the stance of the car, the proportions of the bonnet to the rear boot section, the lines and flares from the front fenders extending down the doors towards the rear arches, were at most mesmerising.

I would spend hours claying and waxing the car, just to appreciate the lines.

At that point, I fell in love with the looks of the car.

I came to accept that the bug-eyes almost triggers the inner pareidolia in you and leads you to almost treat it like a humane object.

It\'s been almost 4 years so far, and I still enjoy driving the \'blue bug\' as much today as I did when I first picked it up!

tl;dr => blue bug good yes! styling good, balance and handling very more good, treat bug like pet!

Any shape wrx, cos all subarus have their uniqueness and loveability.

I\'ve had a v8, and have a v4 and 10 at the moment, and for obvious reasons I love the v10 for its mean look and smooth driving capability.

So if I had to pick a particiular one I would have to pick the v10.

Bias vote but V8 for me, was best valve for the money that I had to spend.

-6 Speed Box/DCCD

-Brembos

-Quick Rack Steering

-Watersprayer

The rest is simply my opinion, I like the body style over all the other shapes (except for the 22B) nicest head lights (HID) and tail lights in my opinion, factory pumped out gaurds, nice seats/interior. Looks good from all angles.

• General Member

I voted v5 as its what I own but the v5 v6 are my favorites. I love the extra styling touches of the Crystal spot and Headlights and the nicer front kit. I am also a sucker for the v5 and v6 STI wing.

v5 for me.

-

I still remember being about 10 years old heading to rotorua from AKL and seeing a brand new STI at the time cruising nek to us down the motorway.

For some reason this STI decided to stick with us almost the whole way down!

Sooooo what else is a bored 10 YO going to do? Stare at this racey looking car with a stupidly big \'spoiler\' on the boot. That\'s what.

-

I would say this is probably what started my obsession with Subarus ???

-

And I would have a coupe over a 4door ANY DAY ;D

Guest hate-evoz

Any V2 STI and up GC8 and GF8 v4- V5-V6 STI

But of course my decision voting will be bias I will pick V7 bug eye as that is what I own right now.