Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Had my own mini Rota Wheels display ala James the distributor. I think i dribbled abit on his lawn (sorry mate).

Now comes the hard question. What colour and design..

Hyper Black Grids?

Sports bronze SVN?

GTR-D's?

Oh well. Ive got awhile to choose.

Pulled my rooted gearbox, clutch and flywheel out yesterday. And also pulled its replacement box out of a crashed gtb. Found clutch to be worn right down to the metal lol plus found engine mount and gbox mount to be shot :(

Today i popped down too BNT got my flywheel machined for 30 buckaroos,

Purchased spigot bearing $7

Clutch kit HD $320

Elf manual tranny oil $50

Fark it all adds up dun it...

Pulled off IACSV to clean it as I suspected it was causing my engine to surge during warmup. Pulled valve off BEFORE reading posts on the forum....bad idea as the gasket is IMPOSSIBLE to get back in once you've removed it.... >:(

Anyway, long story short - found one in AKL for around 25 bucks from Winger Subaru in East Tamaki.

Running old gasket with slight vacuum leak - but coolant side is still intact.

Car runs better when cold now - think it's fixed the problem but generated another!

Pics of the valve - cleaned it with Contact Cleaner - it was full of gunk (Black tarry sticky crap from manifold)

423073_10150718955227174_522472173_11245

429648_10150718957792174_522472173_11245

Here's a pic of the old AVO Bypass/Blow Off valve next to the factory one I reinstalled (AVO diaphragm punctured)

421889_10150705260287174_522472173_11193

Oh and BTW - probably mentioned before but be VERY careful taking the Idle Air Control Solenoid Valve (IASCV) off - the 2 Phillips screws are MEGA tight - I had to spray it with CRC, use a big Flat Head screw driver to remove them - also, used a hammer and phillips to tap the head of one of the screws cos it was seized. The screws are soft too - so use the right size screwdriver!!

Take it off when the engine is cold and the coolant system is depressurized or you will end up with fluid in your manifold.

Sorry bout the crap Iphone3 camera - you can see the 2 screws to the left of the pic. Here's the stock BOV back in place too..

65847_10150705262537174_522472173_111936

2001 RSK EJ208 B4 Legacy

Stoffa']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

i got my new fuel reg today and paid for a water/meth injection kit . be able to get some more ponys and more importantly more boost now ;D

/quote]

What meth kit did you get?

just the basic kit from coolingmist.com .